FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
OH YEAH TRIGGA LIKE, MORE LIKE DADDY LIKE...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which do you prefer for O cappers?
Scout? (he can run faster than j00!)
100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 6

Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 3:13 am    Post subject: OH YEAH TRIGGA LIKE, MORE LIKE DADDY LIKE... Reply with quote

I'm starting to like medic, spy and scout. The thing I get the most trouble out of medic/scout is the conc. I can't conc well under such tedious conditions, ie. ping! My ping sucks and the only way I can get very far is to throw my conc on the floor, then time it. Other than that I can't hold and do an RL type of conc. Good stuff. Only if I could time them right I think I can manage conc. through some SGS! I did it a few times, weeee it was fun.

However, what do you prefer for O purposes?

Scout? Medic? Or Spie? Why?

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-
OS

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medic, because they are heaps fast, they have grens, concs and the shotty, the super nailgun for sg's and they can give people health in the enemy base. It depends on what map, but mostly, medic is the best for capping IMO.

Oh, and Trig, now you know what I feel like. When I prime a gren, I have to let it off on the second beep, otherwise I blow myself up
Computer

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in public games medic is by far the most effectice capper. Mostly dealing with regular grenades b/c it makes it that much easier to deal with sentries having those in your arsenal.

Since you asked about the best capper, the super shotty isn't really an issue b/c if your just trying to cap your not really gonna waste too much time in fire fights b/c that woudl only slow your progress.

In a more organized situation however I find that the scouts speed more than compensates for their lack of regular grenades as long as you got someone else taking down hard to reach sentries.

Not being able to conc can make any of these choices hard, and being able to do a HH on Avanti is crucial, but on most maps you can gt away with out it, and concs work just as well for tossing at HW as they do for jumping
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just choosing one class is to generalized. It all depends on who's got your back, what the defense is doing, and what map you're playing. I go scout first, check out the d, and adjust accordingly.

[edit]Forgot to add that any class can be offensive. Engis, Demos, Soldiers are also good for offense. In some maps I would consider using pyro too. It is all circumstance[/edit]

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot HW...they are the best for offense, especially in league maps.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
OSU Snipe Shocker

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a fan of capping as a soldier, but when not a solly, I like to cap as a scout. I'm not a GREAT concer, but if you can just drop a conc and blast yourself across the map, past sleeping defenders, it makes for a quick cap.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MuLiShA

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want to get really far on a conc, try to hold it down. you go way farther and more accurate, but you have to have a good ping. For me, it all depends on the defense. If it has sgs, i go med. If there are no sgs, i go scout and just conc the hw/sollys. Its all a matter of preference.
ToRaK

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm the opposite of Mul. If they have 4 or 5 hw/soldiers on D I generally go medic so I can pound my way through them and get at the flag. However, if they are only engys I'll go scout and just conc by their punny SG's. Either that or just run by them...
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like going on offense as a medic if you can be sorta sneaky and avoid defenses. I especially love getting behind the snipers and using the SNG on 'em

I think the medic is the best all around class in the game, but when it comes to pure capping, the scout will always win, they're so fast. On maps with a small to medium number of players, scouts can cap like mad.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found that playing as a medic is the most effective capper for a majority of league maps. Scout has speed, but against skilled D....not a chance of getting near the flag. Plus that annoyingly long amount of time that the scout is affected by the concs....not a problem with medics. Plus, having a fairly large amount of health and armor never hurts.
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I think medic is the best O capping class without a diggidity doubt! No ands, buts, whats or smuts. Medic is a great class.

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-
PondScum007

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet sig chen...but why does it have veilslides name on it?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because it's the same person.

<TVB>Chen Kenichi = NJK Veilside
rAT bOY

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Veil said: Scout first, then medic if their D is actually pretty ok. Going scout first gets you an easy cap. Always have backup. Medic has the ability to take out SGs and speed and concs. Scout is too weak against good defense later in the game.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: