FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New computer solves all problems!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
***&&&patten&

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 7:48 pm    Post subject: New computer solves all problems!! Reply with quote

Well, just wanted to say that I spent some money on a new system to fix the freezes and such. Word of caution, do not put new video cards into old Mobo's!!! That is how it all started!! Now I have a Windows XP, MSI KT3 Ultra 333chipset-- Mobo, 256 ddr ram, MSI gforce3 ti200 128mgs video card, Ovistak network card, AMD 1800+ XP CPU, Soundblaster Value-- Live.(This is only old card) And finally a new HDD IBM 40gig 120gxp 2mg buffer.

By the way, I still can't get the Damn mic working correctly!!

If anyone has ideas on this I am more then willing to read and listen.

Happy fraggin!!

W.S.

P.S. This system screams compared to the P3 450 mgz!!!!
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice patten. Hardware does make a difference

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-
bobins

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u lucky git

i need to upgrade or buy a new system

my system is : a Plll 450MHz - 320Mb SDR RAM ( recently upgraded this ) - a crap 6Gb HD - 8Mb built in graphics memory -- not even got a graphics card and a rubbish 56K modem

as i said u lucky git
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Brujah

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: New computer solves all problems!! Reply with quote

***&&&patten&&&*** wrote:
By the way, I still can't get the Damn mic working correctly!!

If anyone has ideas on this I am more then willing to read and listen

hmmm did you make sure the mic was unmuted? I know SB! live did that to me alot. oh and I had a few probs finding the hole for the microphone so ya might wanna try that. otherwise just run the voice configuration utility again
PondScum007

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the same- the green is speakers and pink is mic...lol after i unplug it sometimes and put it back i wonder why im getting nothing then infd out im in the wrong holes..
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few mike tips from me:

If it is not a headset mike make sure it is close.

Make sure that in device manager that it is using the live card as record plyback option. (IF you have onboard audio).

Run the voice com in the sierra folder. Make sure that the ply back and record feature are set to live.

One last thing. I found this out the hard way. Creative makes great cards but are morons with drivers. Check their website. There are most likey new drivers out on the market for that card. They shipped me my card with drivers not ment for 2000 or xp (and 2000 was only out for 2 years).

LOOK FOR DRIVER UPDATES
DK
`RaphX

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobins162 wrote:
8Mb built in graphics memory -- not even got a graphics card

Is it possible to alter the built in memory usage? Correct me if I'm wrong, but you might be able to change this to 16 or even 32mb, as you now have the RAM available to handle this.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: