FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Server Enforcement

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 3:39 pm    Post subject: Server Enforcement Reply with quote

I just downloaded a crowbar that looks like a lightsaber , but whenever I try and join Ville 1 (havn't tried the other ville servers yet), it tells me something along the lines of "server is enforcing file consistency models/p_crowbar.mdl"

I'm pretty sure this is the file that let's me see the other players crowbars (which in this case are going to be lightsabers). The file is name p_crowbar.mdl, so it can't be that it isn't named right. Any ideas on what's wrong? And if so, how do I fix it?

[edit] BTW, can anyone see my sig? [/edit]

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Chan

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your sig points to OUR hardrives, try uploading it to a web host company and use that address instead of our hds

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...now its pointing to a html page... bad bad bad...
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grrr...geocities wouldn't let me upload my .jpg so I had to convert it to an html file

Thankfully, my bro let me put it on his site and it's now a .jpg.....sooo, can you see it now?

And I still need help with the server...

hoaxie

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VP, I have the Pringles can crowbar, I get no error. So, I don't know what is up with what you have.

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have the pringles can, but I finally found a place that had a lightsaber, so I switched them. What I'm talking about is the file called "p_crowbar.mdl"
This file makes it so that whenever you see someone with their crowbar out, you'll see a lightsaber instead. The pringles didn't have that so that's why you don't have a problem. The server for some reason though, doesn't like my saber thing and wants me to do something with the file.....I got it fixed so that it will let me on, but I will just see regular crowbars. If there's any way to fix it so that I can see saber bars (funny word, eh?) then please reply.
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bet is the server blocks it because it would either inflict more damage or it is longer than a reg cb. So that is my best guess as why they enforce the default cb instead of the lightsaber (lol i would love to have that ).

DK
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no no, you have it all wrong DK. I can play with the lightsaber crowbar, using it as my own crowbar. The file the server wants changed is p_crowbar.mdl
This file lets me see OTHER players with a lightsaber crowbar instead of the original. Like I said, I fixed it so that I just see the original and I can still play now, but if at all possible, I would like to be able to see the lightsaber crowbar. It even makes funny noises

If you want it, then I can send you the link to the file, but DO NOT INSTALL THE p_crowbar.mdl file....the servers don't like it....

[WVR]MREBoy

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, you are an innocent victim of the need to deal with cheaters. (DK had it half right with the crowbar being "too long")

the p_* models are the models used by the game to show other players and objects in-game (these would be the "people" you see running around in-game, Dispensers, Sentryguns, backpacks, etc). So, what is going on is that cheeturs alter the player models to make other players more visible, with the most common being the "spiked" models (imaging EVERYONE in game running around with huge poles sticking out from their front, back, left, right, top and bottom.. or being bright neon green or red). These poles stick through walls, doors, pretty much anything, so it would be incredibly obvious as to where someone was. This is combatted by enforcing model consistency. The server does some sort of checksum or comparison of the model you have and the model the server has. If they are identical, you get in. Not identical = no connect.

You are basically SOL to see everyone else with lightsabers , sorry.

MRE

___
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, that sux0rs ....oh well, at I have my own pretty little green light bar

PondScum007

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does it have sound? and where did you get it?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: