FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hunted in rotation.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoDum

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 4:34 am    Post subject: Hunted in rotation. Reply with quote

I dunno if this should be in the complaint department or not, cause it's more of a suggestion than a complaint.

Ok, this map, in my eyes, has the potential to be a very good map. It's a good concept, and can be alot of fun. Here is my beef with it. In rotation, the teams are balanced. Balanced teams, in hunted, are not balanced teams. It's just about fair with two bodyguards for every one assassin. The map was made -for- the assassins, they have so many perks and advantages in the map it's not even funny. When you have one soldier for every Sniper, the bodyguards will lose, just about everytime, unless it's like, [DW]battery against (1)player, or something. I wondered if it was possible to set it some way so that the teams are a bit more even.

Anyway, just my opinion. Feel free to post comments, death threats, insults or whatever have you.

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
OS

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was just in a game with JR, and quite frankly, it sucked. I was Hunted for a portion of the map, and I could hardly get of of my respawn without getting killed. As soon as I stepped out into the open, Bam goes my head. If we could change it so that the bodyguards outnumber the assassins 2:1 it would, most likely, be a really fun map to play on. Oh, and take Vidars2 out of the map rotation. I can't get it to work
ToRaK

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The teams are 1:1 until the sniper team limit reaches 5. After that all new players are added to the BG's, I think.
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, after a lot of people get in the game (which doesn't happen very often), the teams become balanced. I was recently in a 20-player game, and the assassins had to be pretty sneaky to pull it off, but that's the point of the map

Just get a lot of people, and it's great.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Goldom

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think it should be in rotation at all, its fun at times, but not when you're playing it 1/4th of the time or something, it feels like every single time im on its hunted... and since thats server i can get on at odd hours...
Computer

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few other versions of the map out there that attempt to create some balance.

I know in one version the assasins have one spy, and the BG's have a sniper. Don't know if this would rectify your problem but again it's only a suggestion.

I don't particularly care for the map, but oh well.
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for the Green Sniper Variant of Hunted. The BGs get a 4th class to help out. It makes it much more interesting.
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO Hunted needs to be removed from the rotation. It is overall simply not a good map.

DK
bobins

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the map is quite descent -- when thier is a lot of people playing if not the hunted and bg's just get slaughtered

i was in a game the other day with teams evenly spread and the assassins were ahead by so much 725 to 100 ( somthing like that )

as long as the teams r 2:1 or somthing or greater in the bgs favour its great fun

o and i have only played on the standard version -- those other versions sound like fun
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: