FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I've missed you...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoaxie

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 10:22 pm    Post subject: I've missed you... Reply with quote

It is so bizarre, I haven't played in about a 2 days and I miss you guys so much. I am truly demented. I finally got my guitar out of lay-a-way. My best friend (who is so much younger than me... 18 ) came over and I took her to West Palm Beach to audition for a band that has a pretty good name in the area. She did great! Though I think they are probably looking for a male singer. I am in the process of recording her using my computer (any tips, good program ideas, etc. would be great!). We spent some time with her teaching me a few things on guitar. She is an awesome self taught guitaist, singer, and songwriter. Anyway, my fingers are, oh, so sore now. I am about to go play TFC, and wonder how painful that will be, because this whole typing thing is making my fingertips tingle.

Anyway, I wil be in frag heaven soon.

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you too hoax. I have been on vacation and I get back and no Hoax. I though the world went really really wrong lol

DK
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Girl,

I HIGHLY recommend the Paris Ensoniq recording studio! It's an awesome peice of equipment! My friend and I use it all the time! We record our own music for the Haunted House using every freaking instrument you can think of! It's a bit expensive but oh man is it ever worth every penny! Check it out here: http://www.greatidea.com/paris/

This is a great site! It's actually how we found out about it. It is literally better than what most musicians start out with. Better than what Trent Reznor, Weezer, and Ween started out with! If your willing to spend the cash, it's the way to go!
=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
Ktulu

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoax guitar player too? Get out! Are you sure your not a guy?

I've been playing for over 15 years now, been in every kind of freak band you could imagine. I've got plenty of great recordings I've made with my computer, the hardware is important but it's the software that makes it sing. I've got everything from Cool Edit to Pro Tools send me a PM and I'll get you hooked up.

How long have you been playing? I'm looking to form the official Ville band, any other musicians out there who can record on thier computer? Greebo has already written the words

Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.angelfire.com/indie/ltf_music
That's my band's current site. We have some stuff up on mp3.com. It's really rough, but we wanted to get something out there for folks to hear. We used Sound Forge and a single unidirectional mic set up in the center of the band. It doesn't sound great, but I was pretty surprised with the results.
hoaxie

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, sadly, Ktulu, I have only just started playing... give me a month to get some callouses built up, and I will take off. I have always wanted to play though. All my life. I am VERY interested in Pro Tools... I have done a great deal of research on it. Nine Inch Nails is currently using it for their next CD. I have Music Maker Generation 6 Deluxe. I started out with it because it is inexpensive so I could get my feet wet. My freind is so awesome!! I just love recording with her. *looks down* And, yeah, I am pretty sure I am not a guy. I have always loved the guitar and have always wanted to play. I am currently learning a Nirvana song. And for the girl in me... a Jewel song.

One of my most memorable moments was sitting (standing) front row center at a Scorpians concert, and at the end of the show, all of the guitarist came and stood right in front of me and jammed! That was so awesome!

Thanks for the tip KRG! I am going to check out the site when I leave here. And Ktulu, I will definitely be PMing you!

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just say the word Ktulu!

I have thought about mixing up something for TheVille before. The amount of time involved always turned me away. If you're talking about a TVB/Ville collaboration, then by all means, let's do it! We would be more deadly than a 9 member slipknot! I've only been playing for 12 years but I have some skillz!

No matter how hard I try. . . I can't let my Strat go! I thought about switching to an SG (lol engy reference?) but I opted to upgrade my Strat. EMG pickups with a bored out body to make room for a phat @ss Floyd Rose Tremelo! It's Stevie Ray on acid as I like to call her! Just say the word bro!
Ville Admin - Retired
hoaxie

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snag,

I guess you were posting at the same time as me... good work. The song Beautiful reminded me of the song "One" a little.

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Snag is on the drums

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great KRG I didn't know you played guitar! I'm a strat person myself and I pulled those jakey single-coil pickups out of my strat too and replaced them with emg's I also have a floyd-rose whammy bar. There is nothing like the sound and feel of a strat.
I play everything from country to deathmetal I also play the acoustic with mad finger picking skills.

Snag what instrument do you play?

Hoax what Nirvana tune are you working on?
Scorpions "Still loving you" and "Send me an angle" are still some of my favorite rock ballads.

Oh, KRG I really like what you did with the Engie 101 class tips it looks great. I've got some ideas to tweak it a little, below is a header I just designed.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Ktulu! I added it!

{edit} oops! didn't realize this was in the open forums! Check my post in the TVB forum or ICQ me to see what it looks like!{edit}

Whatever else you come up with, let me know!
Ville Admin - Retired
hoaxie

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRG!

I am working on Nivana's Come as You Are.

And I just started playing around with Candlebox's Far Behind.

My fingers are so sore, but it just feels so sweet when you get it!

So that was you on drums, huh, Snag? Nice!

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering where you were hoax.
It was kinda quiet without.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
three_gunn

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ktulu wrote:
I'm looking to form the official Ville band, any other musicians out there who can record on thier computer? Greebo has already written the words

hey Ktulu! ive been playin' for 5 years, non-stop, and i just recently rigged my comp for recording purposes. i have a j-station amp modeler going through a 'hercules' game theatre xp sound rack and for an authentic sound i have my 'les paul' going through a marshall amp...let me know if i can do anything for ya, i would love to contribute and help out!
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the drummer...yeah, I know....I've heard all the jokes already.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: