FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Computer Speaks RE: TV 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
.::Kilaak-Elite::.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO

The maps are designed for competition, in fact all the maps are, avanti, 2fort, warpath, ect. These maps are no different than the maps we play on, except that you see leagues running them more. I think that competition is good to an extent and i believe that the ville admins can keep the competition level below that extent. If we had a vote, I'd vote for some league maps, why? Because it's something new from the normal rotations that we usually see. I know that i may be blaspheming but don't you ever get sick of avanti?

my 2 cents
MuLiShA

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some of these maps also have awesome level designes such as openfire, which is one of my personal favs. Acropolis2 is a custom map and it is a fav of many. Maybe roof is right and should run them on the grudge or priv server so people can create their own opinions. Maybe some admins could post their feeling on this one.
ToRaK

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.::Kilaak-Elite::. wrote:
don't you ever get sick of avanti?

TREASON!

I've seen many overly competitive people playing league maps. Likewise, I've seen many overly competitive people playing at the Ville. Personally, I think league maps encourage a stronger sense of teamwork and dependence on your friends as you must work together to acheive an objective. I don't see how a map that promotes team play could be a bad thing for the Ville. Just my thoughts....
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem I see is extreme competition. When someone dies with the flag all I've heard is MY CAP MY CAP. Where's the teamplay in that?

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear more of that *MY CAP* stuff here than I do on league maps.
TargetDummy

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two More Cents...

Problems associated with League maps:
1. Stat whores, and "My Cap!"ers
2. A lot of non-regular, rules ignorant, uber-clanner traffic - loss of the Ville charm.
3. League maps don't draw enough players to justify use on server.
4. Skills and abilities of general Ville population rise and leave TargetDummy's pitiful arsenal even farther behind.

I think all of the less important problems are solved by a suggestion already made:
Non-league maps in the rotation-
You get the Osaka effect:
[20 players on TV IV playing Badlands, 6 of them regulars. Map switches to Osaka and only the regs remain. Map switches to Avanti, and 14 more non-regs join up].
This would keep away the foul-mouthed, unwashed, heathens. It would also make the rotation more attractive for regs. So that takes care of 1, 2, and 3.

Problem 4 may be unsolvable - But if I'm going to get may ass handed to me while trying to improve my league-style Offense, I would rather it be by people I know and like.

I vote for league maps, and I will definitely play!

P.S. I think I could have said all this in about 2 lines, but I have a real problem with brevity.
EagleEyes

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

League maps are the best thing since swiss cheese. On a serious note, I haven't seen "MY CAP" on any of the league map servers I have went to. So I doubt that will happen. All league maps are, is a CTF style map that engourages team play. And most of them are pretty damn fun! So I am all for League maps.
Whatever

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, if they were to be put on II, would there be any O vs. O? Or would the rules be changed for these maps?

I have never played any league maps, or with any league rules for that matter.

Play under the names...Darlon Jeel, The Ghost, The Spirit, and <NSA>Whatever
Computer

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleEyes wrote:
League maps are the best thing since swiss cheese. On a serious note, I haven't seen "MY CAP" on any of the league map servers I have went to. So I doubt that will happen. All league maps are, is a CTF style map that engourages team play. And most of them are pretty damn fun! So I am all for League maps.

Put very well. I see a lot better attitudes on some of the other servers than here, which is awesome because I almost always see great attitudes around here.

These maps promote a lot of team play and just for the record I have never once heard the words "My Cap!" although I have heard it a couple times here. Either way I love this place, just thought this would be a different aspect to add some fun.

And if we did run these maps I guess it would be up to the admin's to decide whether league rules would be enforced (no o vs o).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: