FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
tvsoundpack

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobins

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 10:05 am    Post subject: tvsoundpack Reply with quote

i have been having some trouble with getting the sound files to play in the game

i unziped the files to the directory stated in the read me file which was Sierra\Half-Life\tfc\sound\misc

but when i try typing in the commands to play the sounds it doesn't work

i tryed typing the commands in the console and in both the team chat and the everbody chat

plz could u tell me what i am suposed to do to get them to play and where im ment to type the commands for the sound.

thanx
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
hoaxie

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should work in the say chat. hmmmm And judging by your path you have them in the right place... What commands are you using? Are you typing *Go Scout* for charge? for example?

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bobins

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is what it said to type in the read me file so i've only been trying these:

Here are the keywords that activate the wavs:
wtf
shit
spam
suckers
go scout
ouch
charge
wow
thx
ty
brb
clap
lol
come here
boohoo
doh

im not shure if i should b typing anything b4 or after these words though to make them work -- all i know is when i type these in nothing happens
hoaxie

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You shouldn't have to type anything before them. Just the letter *y* to activate chat. I am not quite sure what is going on. Though, when I first installed them, I had them in the wrong place... I had two folders that said TFC... one TFC within the other. So I was actually in Sierra/Halflife/TFC/TFC/sounds and didn't realize it. DOH!

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
Robert E. Lee

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also have to be on a Ville server. If you're just trying it out on a LAN or another server it won't work.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aiii obh i hate that! there should definately be some sort of regulatory agency that takes care of how tfc-extras and ESPECIALLY maps are packed in a zip file, so there is a designated place to unzip them to...i have had additonal \tfc and \half-life\tfc folders stuck IN my tfc folder from tryign to unzip a map to the right place, but oh well... easily fixed but it gets pesky

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im sure that it was in a ville server that i tryed them in first

but just in case i'll try it this weekend -- i can only use the ville servers then ( without staying up till 3-4AM ) cos i live in the uk -- dam i like the ville servers n im rstrikted to the weekend

thanks 4 your responses

i hate that file prob with downloaded maps n stuff 2 -- i have never yet duplicated the same file inside a file but its anoying having to ensure that u dont duplicate a file
hoaxie

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is... I didn't do it! It must have been my cousin's sister's uncle's dog. But seriously... I didn't. I never extract... I always have two windows open side by side and follow the paths in both simultaneously (almost) and then cut and paste the appropriate file(s). I never move folders, unless it is a new one that I do not have. Oh well. Damn Dog!

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
bobins

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats the method that i use

it has so far prevented me from duplicating files
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: