FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Which Class is the Hardest to Learn?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Class is the Hardest to Learn?
Heavy Weapons Guy
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Sniper
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
Spy
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
Pyro
40%
 40%  [ 14 ]
Scout
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 35

Monk

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 9:56 pm    Post subject: Which Class is the Hardest to Learn? Reply with quote

So what do you guys think. They can all be learned, and each one has its srengths and weaknesses, but which one do you think is the hardest to learn?
SoDum

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That depends. It's easy to be a rudimentary Pyro, and weaken a full team, but not kill a single person. Killing people as one is tough, so i have to say pyro. Soldier and Medic can be tough to play right, too...

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
FragFailure

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A skilled soldier is the hardest to be good at and to also kill. A pyro is more of a screw around class.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Chan

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

demoman, for the sheer fact of hitting people with blue bombs

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO....(and it's a bit biased)
Medic is the hardest class to become proficient at. There is such a blend of offensive and defensive tactics to be concerned with while playing medic, all while trying to keep your team alive. Throw in concing, and you're up for a long hard battle to figure things out, and keep a decent K/D ratio.
`RaphX

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say sniper is difficult, as you have to be concerned with finding the right location and hitting moving targets (well, that one applies to everyone). Plus, a fully charged shot will make people wary because of the dot, while an uncharged shot won't do much damage. Although it's all really about experience.
Snipe when I'm about though, and I will make you look good
OS

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without NTF - Pyro. I've tried mastering this class. Can't even get good at it.

With NTF - Medic. The dole reason that they do not have anything at all, like airstrikes. Apart from capturing the enemys' multiguns, they've got nothing. That's why Snag hates NTF so much.
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good demoman using pipes. Very Very hard imo. I accually had a round 80something-20something as pyro, not too hard if you play right.
MuLiShA

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think med and scout are the hardest. you dont have much firepower and have to use your nades and speed or you will die.
ToRaK

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What have you boys been smoking?

Medic and soldier are uber classes. They require work to be good at, but aren't particularly hard to learn if you have decent ping. Scout is a bit harder, as you don't have much power...but they all three have clearly defined roles and are suited to those tasks.

However, what is a pyro supposed to do? You notice that *most* NTF things are for the pyro, because pyro's are so weak. There aren't many tasks in which a pyro is the best class for a job. I can think of none. I have fun playing D pyro on 2fort, but I've never seriously played pyro.
MikeRotch

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spy and Demoman

Spy: good soldiers just destroy them before they can get close. But Avanti is a good spy map.
Demoman: pipes are the only weapon you can control reliably and even those are tough to maneuver. However, again Avanti is a good demoman map.
DukeNukem
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"It's all relative -- Einstein
(psuedo quote)

The answer as far as I am concerned is very map dependent! Medic on avanti is easier than medic on Warpath or Dustbowl, so it is all relative.

=US-])uke]\[ukem-V=
I STINK, therefore I SPAM!
[doctored Descartes]
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the engie is the hardest to learn... now before you start calling me a nutjob, lemme explain: You can play engie for a long time and do fine, but you don't learn anything. Just setting down your SG somewhere, whacking on it with a wrench, and letting it do everything for you is the easiest thing in the game.

On the other hand, using EMPs for their "explode through walls" ability, placement of SGs, MGs, and especially dispensers, and how to survive a shotgun duel as the weakest (super)shotgun armed class... those things have a rather steep learning curve, but once you get them, you're a force to be reckoned with.

I also have to give a 2nd place vote to medic. Concing is something I have yet to be very good at, and the other effects a medic has can make a huge difference for your team, but if it's so easy to play medic, why the heck don't very many play medic *WELL*? So I vote it as 2nd.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
OSU Snipe Shocker

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demo man here.

I can at least get SOME kills as a pyro, I can CAP as a scout. The only other class that I think is difficult to get good at is the spy.

The reason I say demo man is because it is the only class I have played a full round of avanti on and gotten maybe 2 kills. Its so damn hard to hit with those blue pipes, and if you lay a trap with the yellow pipes, you are camping, and running the risk of mistiming your detonation, and therefore making all your waiting useless.

I have great respect for the great demo's here on TV. When I first joined [njk] DBD asked me what classes I would like to learn. I foolishly answered, I think I'll learn demo. the only thing I could do any better after a week of playing only demo was pipe jump. And boy is THAT FUN!

<====fishy says Demo is hard as hell to learn.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ToRaK

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to practice using the gold pipes for fights as well. The really good demo men, IMO, use those more than anything. Think of playing demo as being a soldier with a curved rocket you have to detonate.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: