FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Auto Aim and Your Opinion

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobins

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 1:59 pm    Post subject: Auto Aim and Your Opinion Reply with quote

I think that auto aim is wrong and shouldn't b used

i hate the idea that im playing fair and using my noledge and skill of the game to shoot people when some people out their could b using auto aim to aid them

i think, if some servers dont already, that auto aim should be deactivated by a server when u connect -- at least ten everyone will have the same oportunity and not have an unfar advantage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SoDum

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the ville servers have it deactivated. Actually many servers do.

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
Dominator

Auto Aim is dumb, you can relate it to a cheat, a definition of a cheat to me is something that "helps or assists" you so that you can win.
Whybkuul

OMG!!! I don't think i was ever THIS noob! Auto-aim IS deactivated by the server. the only way you can auto-aim is with a hack-which are illegal in game. Hence the CS guard scanning your harddrive..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Computer

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whybkuul you are permanently n00b!
Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditto
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Goldom

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, yes you are, says fishy.
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought auto aim only aims at base monsters in hl? Either way, unless you edit the config manually, there isn't even an option to enable it server side.
EagleEyes

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auto Aim is enabled with sv_cheats 1. The command for it is sv_aim 9999 or something. I tried this along time ago with me and some friends, we were snipers and even if you were off hitting them by a lot u would still hit them. Got pretty boring after a while.
Krayonz

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What?!?!?!? It dosent work?
bobins

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought that auto aim would be deactivated but i wasent sure

i was asking because my brother played on a server which alowed auto aim -- and even worse i think it activated auto aim on my computer to because i never use auto aim and my brother doesnt know how to turn it on and off -- but my brother was doing so well as a sniper in one game that i chequed if he had turned it on and it had been activated -- but as i said he didn't even now it existed

my mind has been put at ease though by the fact that all good servers deactivate it or boot you for cheating if it's detected on your computer

P.S. thanks for your responses
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: