FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Connection Problem

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 7:11 am    Post subject: Connection Problem Reply with quote

On two maps, "traycon2" and "spacedout" for whatever reason I get disconnected. I load the maps and on traycon2 as soon as I jump into the first pit I get kicked. On spacedout as soon as I go outside the same thing happens. There is no message or anything I simply get kicked back to the ville web site just as though I had not connected at all. It also happens even if I go into a lan game, you know playing solo.

Anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to solve problem. These are the only two maps that this happens on. Albion said it may have something to do with my settings if this is the case how do I fix it. I've reset everything to the default settings and I don't know if it makes a difference but I have cable internet,

Any help at all would be appreciated.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is often a video driver issue. See if you have current video drivers for your card..
Vulcan

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are running in software mode than that could be your problem. I know when I ran in software mode it would do that to me at times, and only on particular maps, like shortbus2. Besides that I don't know what else to say without more information.
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys

WarHammer: driver ?? video card nvida riva tnt2 model 64

Borg: software mode whats that and how do I tell

My computer is only a few months old and is supposed to be up to date, guys I'm the computer dummy of all time so anything you tell me has to be relayed in the below kindergarden level
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just moving up

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue, you should go to nVidia's Web site and get the latest drivers for your card. That is the first thing. Even if that isn't your problem, you should always keep all your drivers up-to-date.

Next, when you pull up TFC, it gives you a menu. Go into *configuration.* From there, go to *Video Modes.* That is where you can select what to run in. I think most people run Open GL. I do. I have an nVidia GeForce 2 MX400. I have found this to be the best mode for this card.

Good luck!

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SoDum

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the topic...

Does anyone know a good setting for a radeon? Open GL doesn't work, D3d makes everything broken up, and software has trouble in most custom mpas/mods. :/ Should i just get a new card or what? There anything that can be done?

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
hoaxie

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fiancé has a Radeon 64M DDR AGP, he runs D3D at 1024 x 768. He says it is as smooth as silk. Have you checked to make sure you have all the latest drivers?

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol OBH thats just what I needed works great now. thanks

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest who what?

More importantly, where could i go about getting that?

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

Last edited by SoDum on Sun May 12, 2002 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
hoaxie

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome, Blue!

JR, go to the Radeon Web site. www.ati.com

Find something there that says *drivers*, like a tab or a link. It may be under the heading *downloads.* Once there, either enter or find (depending on the setup of the site) your video card. It should tell you what the latest available drivers are. Download and install them.

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
SoDum

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing is ever simple for me. However, i got it to work on d3d... It just didn't work on a low resoulution. Higher it is the smoother, but also it's harder to keep track of my health and armor then, not to mention watch chat messages and make sure my kills arn't just some spy managing to feign at the right time and fool me.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: