FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Scripts? What the hell are they? (Trigger Speaks)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you use a script?
Yes?
91%
 91%  [ 11 ]
I think I'll pass thank you.
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

ToRaK

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greebo, you're don't understand what two touch 'nades are. They work exactly the same was as normal except you don't have to hold the key down and hit it again to release the 'nade. I tried using them but kept forgetting to hit the key again, which didn't work out too good. :p

Bug Scripts are what Ktulu was refering to...what everyone has been refering to (and you know this) are more in the lines of bind scripts. Obviously such bug/hack scripts are bad and no one in here uses them (althought seeing a medic with a rocket launcher does get some laughs)

I don't think we will ever see eye to eye on this issue. I have not heard a convincing reason why scripts are bad, and you obviously aren't convinced that they are benign. Oh well...
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

BigCaulk69 wrote:

i've never found these, but come on greebo you are taking things to an extreme there buddy, and you know it. we are talking about things that allow people to use the same key to reload or allow someone not to have to hold down the button to prime the grenade. we aren't talking about something that fundamentally alters the game play and gives classes weapons that they arent supposed to have or stops someone or something from firing at that as if they were invulnerable.

Perhaps that was an extreme, but those two are listed next to:

Rocket Jump:
"A pretty dam good script for soldier. When u press a button it will automatically look down, fire and look foward for maximun jump heigh and distance. Once u press the button, ull be flying, takes less than a 0.1 of a sec to respond. Try it and you'll see what im talking about."

Grenade scripts aren't the worst things in the world be any means - but tehy are still cheap. Unless your config is so screwed up that you cannot move while priming grenades without using scripts you shouldn't need them - even then you should change your config.
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

Greebo, I can count to 3. You are very misleaded into what this scripts does if you say something like that. All it does it let me hit the button once, to prime, and once to throw. It doesn't throw the nade for me. I still time it, and if you've ever played with me, then you know even I screw up the timing a lot.

Saying that those exploits are the same as regular scripts is wrong. They exploit the engine, and have been removed from 1109 I believe. I know the spec hack is now defunct, and I think the multiweapons cheat is too. That arguement does not even phase me as valid.

I dare you to try using this bind (my nade scripts) in a game.

alias grenade1 "primeone;bind f throwgren1;bind g throwgren2"
alias throwgren1 "throwgren;bind f grenade1"
alias grenade2 "primetwo;bind g throwgren2;bind f throwgren1"
alias throwgren2 "throwgren;bind g grenade2"

Use it in 1 game. I don't even care if it's tayconc or something, but please use it. I highly doubt that you will still consider scripts cheats after you've tried this.
EagleEyes

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greebo how was I being stupid with that, it was more sarcastic. Because i use valves default keys for movement. Which means I am limited to about 10 keys for me to bind stuff too. And of the ten 8 are already taken. Sooo. I need all the space I can get. And as for the scripts you mentioned, those are very different than two touch grenades. Grenade scripts don't time them for you. If you dont let go in time they blow up on you. YOU still have to time them, but it just frees you up when instead youd be holding the button down. I myself don't use it, but I have no problem with others using it.
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said anything about two-touch nades, but now you mention it, they suck too.

Once again - unless you are handicapped you have no excuse for not having a config that doesn't allow you to hold a grenade with one button while moving with another - we do have 4 fingers and an opposable (Spelling?) thumb - or have you all forgotten that?
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for changing my config, I use a lot of buttons already. I have seen most peoples configs in the other thread, and tried them just with my hand, and I highly doubt I could ever do what I do now.
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EE there are scripts that count the timer for you and release automatically after, say, 2 beeps. It was them I thought you were referring to - my bad
BigCaulk69

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've seen the max rj script, but never used it before. i'm also pretty sure that i either get the most height and distance ever time or i am pretty close to it because of how much i've practiced it. and its not as if its that useful...well actually i've heard a perfect RJ will get you out of the basement on 2fort. i can't get it, but i havent tried it a ton. i'm happy with my one RJ out of the basement on crossover that no one else seems to do . but my point being, that they are extremely specific and don't help much for the overall game play.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
EagleEyes

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok to sum up what i think:

TFC gives you options on whether you want to customize it. HUD's Sprites, xhairs, config's, whatever. Some people choose not to, some poeple choose to customize. That's all fine and dandy, but when people say that the people customizing TFC are h4xers and have unfair advantages over them is wrong. You can do the same thing we can. Doesn't mean you have to, but the option is there.
ToRaK

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can one rjump out of the basement on 2fort. Has to be perfect, and you have to crouch.
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I move that we forget about this thread before things get messy.
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naw, I think we should let people express how they feel on this topic. I think a lot of gamers out there would like to get this off their chest. We are simply debating and I don't see any hostility in here. So far I see a lot of honest opinions and interesting debates. It is interesting to know why people will even use scripts, and IMHO I think we shouldn't move on. I don't know, I guess it is up to the admins

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-
Blown

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why close it? There are only a couple of us defending our use of scripts. I dont like it that some ppl think I'm a lamer/cheater but hey, thats thier opinion and I really dont care at this point. Personally I think anyone that has actually USED a reload/sg/dispensor script would know that it really does nothing as far as skill is concerned. Now if it was some noob player that had the reload script then yes, I could see it helping thier skill.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ktulu

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No disrespect Snag but the reason some of these binds are not wired out of the box is because it would be crazy for Valve to assign a key press to each of the engie commands instead they assigned them to one mouse button.
Can you imagine this out of the box? we would change them anyway

press "h" to build sentry
press "j" to rotate sentry 180 degrees
press "k" to rotated sentry 45 degrees
press "y" to disassemble a sentry
press "l" to destroy a sentry
press "v" to build a dispensor
press "c" to disassaemble a dispensor
press "b" to destroy a dispensor

can you see how rediculous that would be? they put all the commands under one mouse key so that we would not have to remember all of those keys not to make it fair. So we have remapped those keys to what is convient to us. If Valve thought this was cheeting they would have disabled it by now and this is the only place i've seen to complain about it.
Understand it before you put it down.

Note: Snag i'm not talking directly to you, i'm just talking out loud

<--- fishy says this thread stinks
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleEyes wrote:
Ok to sum up what i think:

TFC gives you options on whether you want to customize it. HUD's Sprites, xhairs, config's, whatever. Some people choose not to, some poeple choose to customize. That's all fine and dandy, but when people say that the people customizing TFC are h4xers and have unfair advantages over them is wrong. You can do the same thing we can. Doesn't mean you have to, but the option is there.

Hehe, what about hwguy tracers.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: