FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Cheetur Poll Question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What should happen to people who are caught with cheat log files?
Ban them from all The Ville serves
76%
 76%  [ 16 ]
Temporarily ban them from the server they were caught on (2 weeks)
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
Do nothing, say nothing let them back on to play
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 21

Ktulu

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 3:33 pm    Post subject: Cheetur Poll Question Reply with quote

As most of you know people who are caught with cheat logs files get banned automaticly by the cheat detection software. This only bans them on the server they were caught on. Most of them never come back but some like to argue their case here in the forums (i.e. my brother installed the cheat)

We have no way to know if that person is telling the truth or not so in fairness everyone should has been treated equally. Currently the admins waste alot of time and energy on this reaccuring event not to mention the flaming threads that are usally produced because of it.

Its time to stop this waste of time and develop a standard procedure that will apply to anybody who is caught with a cheat log file.

I'm not trying to start trouble here.... I'm trying to stop it

The poll above are just some suggestions, please feel free to comment.

"Say No To Logs"

Last edited by Ktulu on Fri May 03, 2002 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
LanceMantis

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that allowing cheaters back on could be alright. But I think they should be banned until they present their case to the admins.

hoaxie

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I think if you cheat, you suck! That is my opinion on cheating.

As I have read through the mountain of threads that have been posted on that very topic I have formed a couple of opinions and have been lead to believe certain things.

1. In some games it is acceptable and almost expected that you cheat. (It is beyond me why that is the case.) Therefore, you may have log files that were never used in TFC and/or the Ville servers. (I guess.)

2. People do have to share computers.

3. Some people are big fat hairy liars!!

3. The same old excuses are getting old.

So, here is what I think...

1. A temp ban for 2 weeks from all Ville servers. Actually not a temp ban... more like a *pending* ban. And I don't care who you are. Even if you are a well respected reg.

2. Unbanning should be conditional based on how well you conduct the pleading of your case. I mean if you come on here flaming the Ville and the admins... take a freegin hike! However, regardless of anything.. you stay banned for two weeks.

3. Your plea should be done via email to an admin... after your initial post and you are made aware of who you should address. No flaming the boards.

4. The admins should hash it out.

5. Finally, if you haven't been a complete llama #$$ in pleading your case, you can be admitted back in (after two weeks).

6. If you are again caught with ANYTHING that remotely resembles a cheat, you are history!!

sheesh STFU one big hoax!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SpeCies

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that if it walks like a Duck,Talks like a Duck,Quacks like a Duck,
Well damn it , it's a Duck.... An Automatic 2 week Ban until the case is reviewed.....
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<- Fishy says, "You are the weakest link.....goodbye."

I don't care who you are.....regular or not. If you get caught....take pictures and say goodbye. Cheaters can *never* be trusted once they've been caught. NO MATTER WHAT. I don't care what alibi you have, or who doesn't think you cheat. I don't care if you only had the proxy files or the entire cheat, the fact of the matter is, you had some form of cheat loaded on your computer. If your brother/mother/father/uncle/second cousin/etc. loaded them, have them come on and tell their story, and why you shouldn't be banned for their mistake. That or buy a new copy of Half-Life, with their money.
Ktulu

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback so far.

Remember this is a question on what we should do if a person is found with a cheat log file, not the actual cheat (although it is possible that they have that installed too)
MASTER OF KILAAK

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U HUMMANZ UZE DA CHETUURS... I NO NEAD TO CHEEEAT..MY HEALDTH IS 4000... HU HUMANZ WILL DIE... so who has the next round of beer?
Blown

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO if its a log file then they need to first clean up there system, then I think they can come back, but if they are ever caught again they are gone perm. If its not just a log then personally you should take responsibility for the computer your using whether its a friend, brother, or whatever and accept the punishment of being gone from all TV servers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ToRaK

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one big hoax wrote:
Okay, I think if you cheat, you suck! That is my opinion on cheating.

As I have read through the mountain of threads that have been posted on that very topic I have formed a couple of opinions and have been lead to believe certain things.

1. In some games it is acceptable and almost expected that you cheat. (It is beyond me why that is the case.) Therefore, you may have log files that were never used in TFC and/or the Ville servers. (I guess.)

2. People do have to share computers.

3. Some people are big fat hairy liars!!

3. The same old excuses are getting old.

So, here is what I think...

1. A temp ban for 2 weeks from all Ville servers. Actually not a temp ban... more like a *pending* ban. And I don't care who you are. Even if you are a well respected reg.

2. Unbanning should be conditional based on how well you conduct the pleading of your case. I mean if you come on here flaming the Ville and the admins... take a freegin hike! However, regardless of anything.. you stay banned for two weeks.

3. Your plea should be done via email to an admin... after your initial post and you are made aware of who you should address. No flaming the boards.

4. The admins should hash it out.

5. Finally, if you haven't been a complete llama #$$ in pleading your case, you can be admitted back in (after two weeks).

6. If you are again caught with ANYTHING that remotely resembles a cheat, you are history!!

sheesh STFU one big hoax!!

Doesn't sound like too bad of the plan, but the logistics are hell. (How do admins remember who has been caught with a log file and who hasn't.)

ToRaK
Ktulu

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question Torak.... Thats were my programming skillz come into play
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's really quite simple Now don't anyone think I cheat

If the server picks you up with a cheat or you are just being a Llama

then I think you should be able to

plead your case on the forums and or pm's or whatever with ONE posting.

Make it damn good cause it's the only one you get. The admins

look at all postings sooner or later and will make a decision as to your

future on the ville servers. Now the catch is if you spam the forums in any

way shape or form you are toast from ALL our server not just ONE and not

just for a week or two, your gone for good.

Cheaters are not welcome here they are just very plain people with a

totally inferior complex and will never get anywhere in life. There only

goal is to win and the hell with the cost.

The above is IMHO

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it should only ban them from the server they got caught at. Then come on here and plead there case. I got caught with some log files of the spectator hack I used a while ago. I forgot to delete them and I got banned. I just came on here and explained what happend and got unbanned. That simple.
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagle thats basically what I just said. I also said if cheeters or accussed ones spam the forums to hell with them goodbye.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Eagle that was simple for you and rightly so.... you have been a member here in good standing for a long time, and did your request start a flaming thread? I don't remember but I dont' think so.

This community was smaller too almost all the admins knew everybody. Now that it's a little more spread out it's harder to take peoples word, hence all these flamming cheetur log threads we've had. Nobody likes that so i'm trying to stop them from flamming as much as I can.

You can tell by the poll so far that alot of people have a difference in opinion on how it should be handled in the future, I'm just trying to feel the pulse.

I'll give you a case and point: The NerUKierFKeal-VS- case
http://www.theville.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4928&start=30
Four pages and most of it is us arguing with each other. Do we want to do that everytime?

What a shame, I have not seen Ner in the forums since and I really liked the guy and really don't think he was cheeting on The Ville. I hope he comes back. If we had a standard procedure in place it may have never gotten that far.

It seems like I'm only talking to you Eagle but I'm really talking out loud... just trying to show why I think this is important to The Ville.
hoaxie

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToRaK wrote:

Doesn't sound like too bad of the plan, but the logistics are hell. (How do admins remember who has been caught with a log file and who hasn't.)

ToRaK

Perhaps you can keep a *sticky* in the admins lounge that can serve as an ongoing list. Cheaters are down to a minimum so it should be relatively manageable. Simply list the offenders name and next to it list the offense... i.e. log file, or give the name of the cheat
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: