FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bunnyhopping Tips

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whybkuul

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 9:31 am    Post subject: Bunnyhopping Tips Reply with quote

Well, i don't know anything about it, but i figure some of us here at the ville do (dahak for one does). So this thread is for the people that DO know to post their tips. Share with us how you do it!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dahak

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bind mwheelup +jump

makes it easier to time your jumps as soon as you hit the ground
EagleEyes

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadap Dahak!

First thing you should learn how to do is strafe jumping. To strafe jump (obviously) you have to use one or both of the strafe keys + your forward key. This will gain you a little bit of speed. When you learn how to do this, you can move on to bunnyhopping.

To bunnyhop, you need to use ONLY the strafe keys and DO NOT use the forward key. I suggest you strafe jump to get your speed up, then start your bunnyhop. Also you need to remember, you want to spend the majority of the time in the air (that's how you gain speed), so time your jumps really good, or do what dahak said. Second, when you jump you need to strafe left or right, when you strafe left, you have to turn your mouse 45 degrees in the same direction. Then RIGHT when you land jump again and strafe right, and turn your mouse 45 degrees in the same direction. Remember if you jump to early you will come to a halt, and if you jump to late you will lose a lot of speed. Bunnyhopping takes a lot of practice, so don't expect overnight results. But if you keep at it, it is a very productive thing to learn.
SoDum

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ee, are you sure? I thought it was the opposite way, and i've always moved it just short of 180 degrees... Maybe i don't know a thing about Bhopping, but that's what it looked like others were doing, and it speeds me up alot.

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
EagleEyes

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could do that, jolly, but you want to keep it tight and compact to get the most speed. I sometimes go over 45 degrees, and I lose some speed. I find that 45 degrees is the best to gain speed. But you can try over or under that.

Are you talking about strafing left and moving your mouse right? If so, you cannot bunnhop like that.
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tight like your pants, hehe. Now that E and Dahak is giving tips to everyone, now we're going to have bhopping bunny rabbits all over the servers. GREAT!

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-
SoDum

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not, EE? If you did it in the same way, you'd go backwards...

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dahak, the problem is some of us don't have a scroll wheel. I have been playing with my 50 cent mouse since I can remember. If I need to bhop on a map i.e. Warpath I'll remap my jump button to Mouse2. It is a lot harder to jump continuously when using the keyboard. But I usually don't play maps like Warpath and don't like to remap my keys so I stick to simple strafe jumping. To do that I remap my jump key to sbar and change Mouse2 to crouch (It helps getting into tight places when rjumping and concing). For a detailed explanation of bhopping I would go to a search engine and look it up. Also check out Dahak's demo he posted awhile ago. It is on rock2 so there isn't a whole lot of room to show off speed but it does show the continous jumping and turns needed to achieve it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: