FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
BunnyHopping Cheating?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Bunnyhopping Cheating?
Yes it is cheating and Valve should correct it!
100%
 100%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 12

Computer

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 8:15 am    Post subject: BunnyHopping Cheating? Reply with quote

Vote.
Whybkuul

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot one option: "bunnies taste good, kill them and eat them" But seriously, bunnyhopping is part of the game. If you say that bunnyhopping is cheating, you could then say that conc jumping is cheating. They're both exploits in the game that can be used to a person's benefit.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bug, and should be corrected. There is no doubt about that, but I dont consider it cheating. It actualy takes a little skill to get down. Plus it is not 100% corrected, but you do not get the speed you use to be able to.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing you have to remember, is that conc jumping WAS NOT meant to be in the game. It was meant solely to disable your enemy for a period of time, so you could get past him. The same thing with rocket jumping, they are both very useful, as is bunnyhopping. Yes it is an exploit of the game engine. But on the same lines, so is conc jumping and rocket jumping. Basically what I am trying to say is, bunnyhopping can become a wonderful part of this game, if you guys accept it.
Blown

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted no, but would like to comment on it some. For match play to me anything goes for the most part, but for pub play it can be very frustrating to alot of the players that cannot perform bunnyhopping. Strafe jumping on the other hand is fairly simple to learn though. Not sure how fast you can achieve but I can strafe jump as fast as a scout when I'm a sniper, or faster than a solly when Im a hw. On the other hand alot of ppl cant conc jump, or cant do it very well and you can apply the same complaint to it as you do to bunnyhopping, though bunnyhopping IMO is quite a bit harder to learn than conc jumping is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SoDum

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody told me once that Bhopping is a feature of the game, and by saying it's not fair is like saying SGs arn't fair. I nearly burst out laughing. Concs wern't intended to be hopped on. Nor were Rocket jumping. Nor was Bhopping. It just so happened the force behind conc nades could push you in the engines, or that if you stayed constantly turning you'd speed up. It may be an exploit, ablit a minor one. Nowhere near as bad as, say, hiding behind the ladder in well on the roof. Is it fair in pub play against people that nine times out of ten don't know how to do it? Not particularly. Is it cheating? No. I do it when the other team is doing it. The only thing i don't wait for the other team to do is rocket jumping. If you can't rocket jump, you should be playing fisher price: my first first person shooter, not TFC. I occasionally Bhop in rock2, as well, but that's a crap map anyway, noone realy plays that map so much as the mourn it.

Just my take on it.

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think bhopping is cool. I agree with E on his comments. Yes RL, conc. jumping and bhopping are ways to exploit the benefits of a TFC player. But the bottom line is it isn't cheating. I RL to help me cap points, bhopping, pipe jumping, nade jumping, and conc. jumping can also be used to perform the same tasks. I mean, it is kind of irriatating to see a player bhopping his way to victory, but it shouldn't stop them from changing their style/skillz. IMHO Bhopping is a style/skill, acquired and many people use it to their advantage. Just how rocket jumpng, conc. jumping, pipe jumping, nade jumping and bhopping are used to peoples advantage. It is learned, and it sometimes can stick to people. You can't stop people from doing it no matter if you change the speed. Like you can't stop people from conc. and rocket jumping because it was invented for a purpose. I don't know if I'm making any sense because everyone has their own style and skillz in the battlefield. Good stuff

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-
PHISH

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 4:49 pm    Post subject: well Reply with quote

Quote:
Concs wern't intended to be hopped on. Nor were Rocket jumping. Nor was Bhopping.

The reason they still exist, is because the developers realized how much more it brought to the game. Imagine their wonder when they saw some of the top quake deathmatchers playing, they didn't remark "omg that guys exploiting our engine.. PATCH PATCH PATCH take it out" but rather embraced the tremendous abilities that were shown. Conc jumping wasn't necessarily intended in quake tf, but they embraced it because it added so much more to the gameplay and talent level in the game.

It troubles me that some people have the attitude that "conc jumping, rocketjumping, and bhopping is cheating, how am I supposed to stop you if you are in the air!" and such. Why can't you approach it with a mind for learning a new skill. All the fun is in learning it, using it, and adapting! That's why I still play this game, if I had learned everything I wouldn't be playing.
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love concing around sentries and other stuff. If people felt the same way about concing as they did about bhopping....I'd still do it. If you can't do it, or haven't tried to do it (HH Concing, B-hopping, and R-Jumping) then stop complaining. And if you've tried, but still can't do it, figure out how to stop people who do know how. Adaptation is part of online gaming, I know if TFC was the same now as it was 2 years ago, I probably wouldn't play it. There are games out with better graphics and other stuff, but the "exploits" and team play involved with TFC make it the game it is today.
My Personal Insanity

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleEyes wrote:
One thing you have to remember, is that conc jumping WAS NOT meant to be in the game. It was meant solely to disable your enemy for a period of time, so you could get past him. The same thing with rocket jumping, they are both very useful, as is bunnyhopping. Yes it is an exploit of the game engine. But on the same lines, so is conc jumping and rocket jumping. Basically what I am trying to say is, bunnyhopping can become a wonderful part of this game, if you guys accept it.

I don't know. I mean, it would be hard for me to believe that
Valve would make the whole game without actually playing it. Weapon
jumps (rocket, gren, conc, pipe etc) are pretty obvious after a short
amount of playtime, even if you didn't expect them to begin with.
Not to mention that other FPSes have such. It's -gonna- cross
your mind...

If Valve told me that they had no idea before releasing
the game that you could fly the friendly skies with a conc, I'd
laugh and ask them if they had a bridge to sell in Brooklyn...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think rjumping, etc were not intended to be in valves plans at first, but even valve reaslised they kicked ass. Then again just look at our latest patch, valve might not have tested tf

As for bunnyhopping, it was a bug with skimming, they removed it from cs, and because many people had already mastered it, they left it in tfc capping it to 140%. This makes it fair, for everyone to learn and use.
hoaxie

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Learn to aim up. heheh It isn't that hard to kill people in the air.

Last edited by hoaxie on Tue May 07, 2002 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
South-American Fire Ant

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 7:47 pm    Post subject: HAMESESES Reply with quote

HAMESE U PLAY BASS????
Computer

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm my poll was changed. why?
Warhammer
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must be infected with a virus. Please update your AV signatures and call the help desk.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: