FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Best of the Best
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 12:21 am    Post subject: Best of the Best Reply with quote

I am going to have a server up next month. And I want the best guild/clan/reg fighters. I plan on getting this group involved in the best clan fights.

I know that the ville is for fun but it is time for all of TVB and the best regs get together and be the best of TFC. I will host either battlecom or rogerwilco for pure voice com for pratice and fights.

I have not spoken with anyone about this on the ville (if you hack or are a cheat dont even think about it, you wil be kicked without a vote). If you are intrested on plying pm me.

This is for a pure blood fight against other severs. I have put out invatation to several and Torak, with all his conections through the cyberworld, can bring few more.

DK

It is time to go above the cup. And that means if you cannot get voice com online and practice with your team 3 times a week dont even think about it.
Ktulu

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offence DK but have you spent much time learning about The Ville?
TVB has never been a competing clan and I believe they never will, if they do I will probably be the first to leave. That level of competition tends to bring out the worst in people. We are a family here who prefer fun over competition. Clans come from all over to play on The Ville servers because the atmosphere is so different from anywhere else and at the same time they know they will find quality skilled players who are thier friends.

Above The Ville Cup?? You must not not much about that either, it's a big celebration we have in the spirit of The Ville and it's our party that we invite the whole world to, nobody is going to lose any sleep about losing the cup but they will have found memorys of it for quite awhile and I predict that it will become a permanent Ville tradition and I believe Rob will never let it become anything like OGL. This is not league play.

I don't mean to dis you dude and I appreciate the offer with the server but I would be completely suprised if any Villens would choose to play in that atmosphere compared to The Ville.
Good luck with your new server and I hope you find many people to play on it, I just don't think you will find them here.

Peace
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is all about fun. This morning Tyrant and I let Omega kill us with every weapon from every class. Not competitive at all but damn it was fun. Escpecially the spanner wars.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you can do is post the same message in Catacombs forum, and in the forum of PFL, TFL, OGL, and IGL leagues. Youl will find more ppl ready to compete at high level there.

I've been in that tournament world for 3 years with [CSI], and would I have seen your post 2 years ago I would have join your quest. Now however that [CSI] is dead I sometimes feel like an old battered warrior warming himself near a fireplace, and for me TheVille friendly and easygoing atmosphere appeal more to me than rushing again with my sword raised. I think a lot of ppl here feel the same about that.

You can do lots of things with your server, organized pickup games on #tfcpickup on Gamesnet, you simply msg to all clans' channels that a pickup is starting.

Asking players to practice 3 times a week is too much, they are already practicing with their clans, and I know for a fact its hard to get everyone on the same night.

Good luck with your all star server, I simply stated my old thoughts about it here

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in a CS clan a while back, and it was fun.....for about 2 months. Then we got tired of all the smack talk from other clans and all the bickering that went on in our own clan. We eventually dissolved when we saw that we did nothing but fight, and that wasn't cool. I missed playing with them, but not practicing....at all. From the bit of scrimming TVB does, I really like it, but that's all they are. We come together like some group of goofballs who would rather crowbar each other to death than have practices and meetings so we can plan a meeting for a practice time. I like messing around, and having a good time playing, but I also like knowing that I'm playing with some of the best guys (and ladies) that the world of TFC has to offer, and that if we really wanted to, virtually noone would be able to stop us in real competition.
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a whole lot of talent in this server, a whole lot. I think every weekend when I come home I encounter newer and better players. It's fun to play with someone better than you, but it isn't fun when that person thinks he is all that and talks smack. Those kind of players really tick me off, and that's what your going to get when your in a league clan wanting or striving for success. I'm pretty sure OGL's can be fun, but theres going to be some downfalls to it. I'd rather be involved in something where I know my skillz don't matter, and where people will accept me for who I am as a person, not a l337 player.

But what really matters to me is this community that I'm involved in, which is better than some OGL, IGL competition. Yes, our clan can practice if we were serious, and who knows what will become of us. Instead of TVB nights, we would have practice OGL nights. If Frag decided to recruit people based on skill, we would have more than 60 skilled players or more ready to enter any kind of league. Theville is a very stable server, and it can be used for those purposes, but it is not. I mean theville already attracts so many good people, and it wouldn't be hard to pick and choose. There's so many good players in here, so that wouldn't be a problem. A lot of people here can become l337 if they wanted too. Just practice, practice and practice with people that know more than you.

But I don't see TVB going to that road. Snag is right, we are a group of people that whip out our crowbars and enjoy the sillyness. Yes we fight sometimes, but who doesn't? I bet everyone here has fought with a family member, especially a younger brother/sister or older brother/sister. Anyway, I'm rambling again so I must stop this. But my last and final sentence is...-=THROWS HIS FIST UP=----/> LONG LIVE TVB! Good stuff

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-
Blown

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, where does Battery play. I would love to see his skills. After seeing that video of him, which was rather impressive, I'd like to see it first hand. Even though I'd get destroyed by someone like that.
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SURPRISE KTULU!!!! I love competitive atmosphere!!! And I think I'm a Villun =) I'm probably a little different though. TFC is just like a sport. I know some people who only play basketball and soccer for "fun" while I play to win. The funny thing is my "fun" comes from competing. Some people want nothing more than to make a sports team so they can be in the competition. Me being one of them. The pressure, the teamwork, the practice, the atmosphere, the talk, just about everything makes competition great. Of course some tempers might flare and people get down, but nothing is greater than when the work pays off. Some of us enjoy "cyberathletics" and some enjoy the real thing. I'm into both.

Right now I'm playing more and more paintball. I know some play just to shoot each other, but sometimes I wish I were playing for a team. I know lots of people would say Pfffft, why turn paintball into something more than it is, but the ones like me would take up the opportunity to compete in a flash.

However, no one likes to only compete and no nonsense time. That's why I play here. Plus you get to know a lot of fellow players and fragging them becomes even more fun =) Yep I'd have to say I love the ville (I love you too Che.. err Veil... err yea) One thing though, I do think there is a lot more discrimination from full time nonsensers to competers than is deserved. Some of you make OGL sound like a criminal syndicate.

Also, about the "above the ville cup" thing. I can see where DK is coming from. The basic jist of the thing makes it seem a lot like any league except teams are eliminated. People play, there is a winner and loser, the loser has to report the loss, the winner moves on to face the "better" teams, and in the end someone is #1. I honestly don't see how it would be much different if any leauge had a tournament. I don't think anyone would lose any sleep over either =) It is true that we know each other a little better than maybe in league, but I'm not too sure how that could change.

Anyway I like the idea of having matches going but organization is the key. I really couldn't tell what you mean to happen. No offense to you, I promise, I just wanted to know exactly how this will work.

About the voice comm and three practices a week. I think that just about eliminates everyone here! LOL!

Well uhhh yeaaa. I think I did enough rambling to cover oh say... this rest of this month. Oh wait! Did I tell you about this funny shirt I saw? It said, "If idiots could fly this place would be a friggin airport!" LOL erm sorry, make that 2 moths. I'm through =)
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know where you can find him, blown, but you can visit their site. Go on a search engine and type in [DW]Battery, or digital warfare, or interchange the quiries in order to get the site. As far as [DW] members go, they play late man. I spotted some in a server that play strictly league maps, no valve maps. Good stuff.

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-
Dahak

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dw is european.. british/swedish.. so try barrys world servers
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like competing, just not as much as I like to unwind at the end of my long frustrating day at work and classes. I wouldn't mind being in a competitive clan again, just not for a while.
PondScum007

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

while TV is more of a realaxed atmosphere, it really can get hardcore in a second...like if some sniper is nailing teammate adn teammate (and me) in the legs with 10second sniper rounds, ill go sniper and do my best to headshot em back into thier base to play d or something, but if you ahve too much of somone going all-out against lesser players, its no fun for the recveing end, and thats no good... too much emphasis on "you ahve to beat the crap out of everone or you a tatentless n00b" is not only untrue, its no fun...
... after the 1st cup match brujah told me he was suprised how i was playing, taht it seemes i play mroe for fun on reg TV servers, which i sure as hell do! i dont screw around and spam firegreades at all (anyone will tell you) but i really like the publike gameplay..and if it were to lose its fun, TFC would be garbage, and end up being tossed under the bed like so many other things im sick of... if anyone wanted to see some good action though, just tell em to come on TV1 on a some nite with a bunch of regs, im sure they wouldnt be dissapointed ;>

woot TV!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree that the ville is like no other server, i love getting off of a hard day at work only to come home and play TFC Its so great!!!! Im not sure what he is really trying to do. Is he trying to get together a clan server for every clan to get together? This might be ok in some sense if you are a clan that comes for the battle and not for the fun!
ToRaK

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find a lot of the better players by visiting league map servers.

It's a whole different ballgame when you're playing aginst those guys. I was playing a medic the other night that could stick nades in my mouth without me being any the wiser.

Oh, and DK please IM/PM me as soon as possible...

The server is open except for when it's in use for a sch. event or practice.

ToRaK
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: