FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Wonderings
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wants Murderball Back?¿
Yes!
100%
 100%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 15

Gamepro65

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 8:15 pm    Post subject: Wonderings Reply with quote

Hey all I was wonderin why the vill stoped havein player stats cuz i wasnt here when they stoped doing that and now im wonderin where they went
And i was wonderin if you could ever put murderball on one of the servers like it was along time ago.
ToRaK

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I just voted yes, I did so with a grain of salt.

Running llama-free murderball creates a huge drain on the ADMINs. They have to be present for every match, or terrible problems will flare up. It's just the nature of that match in a public server. If the ADMINs wanted to spend their free time refereeing murderball, then I say bring it back. But, if the ADMINs don't want to spend their precious time on it (and what fun is sitting on the side line calling fouls anyway) then it should not come back.

I think it was tried out, and pulled because of too many problems within the past month.

About the stats...

ToRaK wrote:
Read

http://www.theville.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5028&highlight=stats

and

http://www.theville.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4961&highlight=stats

ToRaK

or link to the whole discussion

http://www.theville.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5061&highlight=stats

ToRaK
Vulcan

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About murderball, isn't it on the grudge server non-stop?
Dr.Lucky

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

murderball attracts too many llamas. I don't think we really need more of those at theville.
Goldom

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont really understand what the big deal is about shooting other teams on murderball. i dont, because people consider it llama behavour, but i dont understand why... isnt the point of having 4 teams instead of 2 that its a free-for-all??
ToRaK

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

Calmly puts down Goldom's severed head.

ToRaK
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Murderballz can attract a lot of friggin llamas. A lot of people don't pay attention to the rules. So, the heck with it. Now push is way fun. HW rocks in that game. Good stuff.

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToRaK wrote:
No.

Calmly puts down Goldom's severed head.

ToRaK

***Kicks Goldom's head to the side***
***Borrows Frag's soapbox***

I personally enjoy Murderball. If all the teams gang up on the team with the ball the map is entirely enjoyable.

Most of the time llama snipers shoot whoever is running around. Then they complain when I flame them to death constantly after I get pissed. Too many n00bs ruin the game don't bring it back, keep push.

***Returns Frag's soapbox***
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent map on specialized events. On a regular rotation I vote NO

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That game is almost as much of a llama magnet as Turkeyburgers.
`RaphX

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Murderball, but the one problem I have with it is snipers. I sometimes play AvsFans 24hr murderball, but I find that i'm walking towards the base where the ball is, only to get sniped by someone from one of the other two teams. The general rule there is attack the team WITH the ball, but snipers are officially exempt from this. I find it awfully frustrating that I such snipers would allow one team to run away with the game by not allowing others to attack the team with the ball. While this is undoubtedly great fun for the sniper, it is not the reason the map was invented.
Possibly the case would be the sniper is on the winning team, and the 4th place team currently has the ball, in which case it would all tactically make sense, but usually this isn't the case, so the whole thing can be frustrating.
Hmm... now I agree with those of you on that thread with the invitation the the new server. TV is about fun, not competition. So maybe murderball should be kept off...
Goldom

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, its exactly that that really bugs me. Everyone says "NO" and gets all mad, I just want an explanation? Is that unfair to ask?

You cannot make another post so soon after your last, please try again in a short while
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When a team has the ball they are scoring points. It is to the advantage of the other teams to form a loose alliance to stop that team from scoring points. Once the ball is in the middle the free for all starts until a team has gotten back in their base with the ball. Played properly it is one of the most FUN maps I have ever played.

If I am trying to get the ball from a given team it can be very frustrating to be killed be someone on a team I am not attacking. If it degenerates into a free-for-all the team with the ball in their base can usually rack up an insurmountable lead in no time. It isn't very much fun or even logical to fight all 3 teams when only ONE team is scoring points.

There is a basic logic envolved here that does require some common sense that I am aware unfortunatly isn't. (common that is) If I wanted to play a DM style Free-for-all then I would still be playing UT or I would play on maps that only counted FRAGS and not Flags or Time Held. The fact that you get points for holding the ball means that is probably the objective. If another team has the ball your objective should be to make them lose it. How does shooting someone who is trying to do what you are trying to do, help your objective in any way ?

Does that make sense to you Goldom ?
Dominator

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Player stats arent really gone are they? I thought i hear something about them changing from Won ID to another kind of ID and thats why they are not up yet. Correct me if im wrong! Please because if im wrong i would like to know if we will be getting the player stats back or not
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTTT ...Goldom ....you asked a question about murderball and I answered it, but I'm not sure if you read the answer....please respond.

And Dominater it is off topic but.....the steam info in the log files broke the HLStats program. The stats will be back as soon as they fix the problem and issue a new release.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: