FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
General Player Bitc...er, Comments
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoDum

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Response to Sharks first post.

1) You really have to learn to deal with it. Snipers, are not an uber class. Sure, they are somewhat powerful in the sense they can kill anything in one shot, if lucky. (Along with the spies.) But they have one big drawback that comes with using range. That would of course be that you arn't always going to get a clear shot. And if someone stands infront of you/walks infront of you, you can really complain. Maybe they were a medic that was setting up for a conc? Or a soldier that was shooting rockets at someone? You just have to deal with it.

2) You are. Noob. In all honesty, it's true, everyone needs nades, but snipers are lucky if they live long enough to use thier two. If they -really- need four... Too bad! Play something with actual grenades that they use, like engies and demos, rather than a sniper. You snipe as a sniper, you don't toss grenades at people all day long. Other people would be better off with four normal grenades and that one special grenade than your four normals. You are basically wasting a special nade each time you take a pack as a sniper.

3) Heres a bit of a touchy subject. I won't lie, i have no reason, i used to gas the respawns in well from the attic. On one hand, dumping four into one respawn is excessive, i really don't see what is wrong with tossing one nade to each respawn. A while back i asked about this in game, and someone responded, "Do you like it when people gas your respawn?" Obviously i had to read the intent of this message and not what i felt. Because i think when someone gasses my spawn that they have a decent offensive spy, and should keep an eye out, so, yes, i do like the warning. Everything else, As in, normal attacking, i agree with you. It's rather sad, though i havn't noticed any incline in it recently.

4) The only subject i really agree with you on. The chat is to say Hi, Goodbye, Taunt your enemy, and help your team out, not to talk about what was on 'friends' the other day.

Anyway, just my take on it all.

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a soldier/spie/hw/engy/demon or whatever I use I try to be patient when grabbing a pack of nades. It doesn't really matter to me if a person grabs the pack before I do. But what really bothers me is when someone shoots me away from it and then grabs it. I don't care really as long as it reappears again I can grab a set. On avanti, for instance, it helps a lot that the pack of nades are behind the respawn, rather than having them by the well. Good stuff. And as for priority reasons, hmm that's a tough one. If a sniper or a scout grabs a pack of nades before I do so be it, but what the reality check is, those nades are going to reappear again anyways

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Computer"]
CyCoDad wrote:
Quote:
Actually defensive scouts fall at bottom of priority list.

Defensive Scout? Who let (1)Player into the game?

ROFL! I know this is going to sound strange, but I've played defensive scout a few times on Crossover2... but only NEO servers. You can actually be quite useful... concing and caltropping attackers, hitting them with your pathetic little pea-shooter, and upgrading the constantly rebuilt MGs... It's even more important now to be "available" as a spy or scout now that MGs can be stolen.

Your KTD ratio sucks the big MIRV, but if you could care less what your score is, I suggest you try being a defensive scout sometime, it can be amusing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hoaxie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About walking in front of a sniper...

I agree that whenever possible you should avoid it... BUT I cannot tell you how many times I have encountered a sniper who has his back against the wall. It happens all the time. What am I to do, find an alternate route? I don't think so. I will try to squat usually, but sometimes circimstances won't allow it.

The only time I get particularly annoyed about MIRV packs (hehe) is before the gates open on Avanti and I am standing *in line* to wait for *my turn* and some rude @$$ just barges in. Wait your turn. Or when someone stands there to take two packs when people are waiting. Take one and get the heck out of my way!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Computer"]
CyCoDad wrote:
Quote:
Actually defensive scouts fall at bottom of priority list.

Defensive Scout? Who let (1)Player into the game?

Actually my name was (4236987)Player before I came to the Ville and they wouldn't let Player play What is wrong with a defensive scout ? You have the element of surprise on your side.

I always say snipers shouldn't take the nade packs unless they are coming in to health up and they are already out of nades.

Bottom line, if you take the nades USE THEM, otherwise DON'T take them.

Now how do we get the noobs in here and make them read these posts ??
Jaredmonkey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trigger Happy wrote:
As a soldier/spie/hw/engy/demon or whatever I use I try to be patient when grabbing a pack of nades. It doesn't really matter to me if a person grabs the pack before I do. But what really bothers me is when someone shoots me away from it and then grabs it. I don't care really as long as it reappears again I can grab a set.

I agree with this but I also would like to add to it. If the person who beat me there is attempting to use their nades then I am perfectly ok with that...otherwise they are making other players lose valuable seconds to grab the bag quickly and get to the front lines to nail those SG's. People that take multiple packs when there is a line of people waiting bother me also (especially those that think they need 4 bags...I can't stand that )
OS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaredmonkey wrote:
Trigger Happy wrote:
As a soldier/spie/hw/engy/demon or whatever I use I try to be patient when grabbing a pack of nades. It doesn't really matter to me if a person grabs the pack before I do. But what really bothers me is when someone shoots me away from it and then grabs it. I don't care really as long as it reappears again I can grab a set.

I agree with this but I also would like to add to it. If the person who beat me there is attempting to use their nades then I am perfectly ok with that...otherwise they are making other players lose valuable seconds to grab the bag quickly and get to the front lines to nail those SG's. People that take multiple packs when there is a line of people waiting bother me also ( especially those that think they need 4 bags...I can't stand that )

That is probably the only thing, apart from cheating and respawn camping, that annoys me. Especially engies or spies that say they need 4 EMPS or Gas Grens in Avanti. I usually only take one, but if no-one is waiting, I sometimes take two. A question though, if you have got one gren bag, and you're waiting for a 2nd one when a friend walks in, do you give him the back, or do you make him wait? Just wondering.[/b]
Brujah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: General Player Bitc...er, Comments Reply with quote

sharkbyte wrote:

2) Grenades - I actually had someone tell me, the other day, that I was
playing sniper "wrong" because I was using grenades. Hey, my grenades
work the same as everyone else's. And I would think it would make most
of you happy that I was getting myself in a position to use them rather than
staying strictly on defense.

ok Imma just say.. I only complain about snipers taking grenades when someones waiting for them or they see someone heading for em and take em anyway... I mean if the team is owning ass and your the only one to spawn there in a while.. have fun and take em

and you said something bout spawn spamming...

I'll say this now and I'm sure most will agree with me... If you hide in the spawn or run into and I'm coming at you with my medikit ... your still fair game (might kill me from turrents but it was worth it you damn spawn hiding wussy) thats about the only time I don't mind the enemy in my spawn
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, that's a tough one. A lot of the other maps can give you all your nades in just one grab, but in Avanti I understand how you don't get as much secondarys like the other maps do, hmmm. If you just picked one up and your teammate walked in after, I'd say let him/her grab it as you go and use them against the opposing team. Secondaries can cause so much destruction if one was to go on a suicidal mission. I see a lot of people do that and they can literally wipe out SGS with just a single toss. Good stuff

Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and as for spawm spammers. Yeah it get's annoying but what can the enemy team do if ppl just stay behind the gate waiting for all the spam and eggs to be gone. They want to kill the opposing team of course. I sometimes get caught in spam traffic, and once I'm caught in it I'm friggin' naded up in air so many times that I don't have a chance to move. But the reason for me to wait is due to the SG's, snipers and spam. I try to destroy the SGS/MGS first and then go kamikaze. Good stuff.

Swift - VS -

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a sniper I can say I always use my grenades - whether on offense or defense. It comes in handy especially when you are stumbling from scope view and back to your pellet gun (of course that's what I call it since it doesnt do much damage). All I need to do at that point is throw a grenade in the opponents face, then BOOM! OFF WID DA HEAD! Also when it comes to who gets the grenade packs first, I usually let other classes take it before me because I know they can do much more damage than I can for the moment.
sharkbyte
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jolly:

Perhaps I wasn't clear on my first point: I understand that there are many
times there is no choice but to go in front of a sniper. I am just saying to try
and be aware that he/she is there, and don't just stand there if it IS NOT
necessary. (OBH made this same point, a few posts ago.)

As for nades, like I said before - I will defer to anyone who comes for them. However, to make a general statement that all snipers don't use nades, is just plain wrong.

Maybe you should try being a sniper more often, and being a little
offensive rather than entirely defensive. You might get killed a little more
often, but you can disrupt a lot of what is going on. Mostly because you
are constantly sighting/shooting. You take damage from people, but not
necessarily killing them. But they die easier when your teammates hit them.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you kidding, i'm the only combat sniper i've seen ever. I still don't use my nades though, i use my nails if it comes to a combat situation. Or the auto rifle (Terrible weapon it is) If i run out of nails.

Of course i'll prime my nades, but i don't rely on them. Sniper is the second most often class i played, in the past, next to HW. Now i play mostly Solly and spy, but, that's cause i -can- play those classes with my low ping. They honesly don't need the nades in comparision the the other classes i know more about than what weapons they have.

Do they not use them? No. But if they are going to lose, they are going to lose. If they are going to win, they are going to win. Nades should not make a difference, and if they do, start practicing using your nails.

Stillness of Body, Focus of thought, oneness of spirit. These are the virtues of a concer.

The only man to boycott happiness!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: