FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sentry Guns

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enrico

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 7:15 pm    Post subject: Sentry Guns Reply with quote

I always thought it would be cool that if you had at lvl2 SG, you could upgrade to a couple different lvl SGs. Here are a few of my ideas.

Gatling SG
It would have 3 lvl3 Sg barrels, a big ammo store and a small explosion, but would send out a large wave of nails, like a nail gren but all at once and in all directions.

Flame SG
Would have 2 flame throwers, a pyro rocket, and small chaingun. When it exploded there would be a BIG explosion and a large surrounding area would be covered in flames that were not friendly to anyone. The flame throwers would fire in alternation, for a real contiuos stream, but not a lotta fuel.

Anti-Spy SG
Dominated by a large radar array and 2 super nailguns. It would have a below average armor, but when it spotted a spy it would let out a whine and would designate him with a non-harmful laser (like a targeting laser). Small explosion

Armor SG
A dual lvl3 SG cahinguns, no rockets. It would have above average health and armor plating on the front that would be impeneratrable. You would have to hit it from the sides. It would also have an Anti-Grenade thing.

Cannon SG
A single large cannon that would do a lotta damage, but had a slow rate of fire. It would have 2 explosions, one small one, but it would scatter a large number of MIRV bomblets over a wide area, that would then go off.

Stealth SG
Made no detection noise and when firing, it would take a second to uncloak. It would have 1 lvl3SG and a tranq dart (It would lead the shot)
It would explode with a small explosion but would smoke like a gas genade. Below average armor.

Anti-Edgeing SG
This would have 2 large chainguns and two nailguns on the sides that would have thier own detection system, but would still rotate with the rest of the turret. If someone tried to sneak around a corner slowly, so it could nto see him with the main gun, it would shoot with one of the nailguns.

Bunker SG
Would create a subterranian bunker in which you could hide and were ammo and medkits. It would have a lvl2 SG on top. Above average armor. (Im pretty sure that the HL engine could not do this, but it would be a neat thing anyway.)

Patroling SG
2 large chainguns that walked around on spider legs, slow moving but with good armor, the engy would have to set a patrol route for it by moving places and hitting a key. It would not rotate independantly though, it would have to turn its whole self. If there was no patrol route, the mappers would have a route planned in to the enemy flag.

Multi-Gun SG
It would have 2 independant barrels, When there were 2 targets, it would split its strength and and shoot both.

Dispenser Decoy SG
It looks like a dispenser untill an enemy uses it, he gets a shock and a gun pops out. Low armor. Would not function as a dispenser for your team.

Rocket SG
A small MG in the middle of 4 rocket launchers. You could set it to traditional or drunk missile. Traditional is where you it shoots one at a time at the enemy. Drunk is better for out doors, it would shoot 8 but the missiles would start spiraling out of control once they left the tubes. The drunk would have a long reload time. When it blew up it would make a explosion like with the gatling gun, but with far fewer projectiles. The projectiles would be drunk missiles.

MG Enplacement
Would have a normal small SG but it would have a sandbag barrier and a MG that you could use (the ones like in HL). 300 Rounds for you. The engy could also boot the user off if he was being a llama with it.

Well there you have it, the SGs would look like the ones from valve, not like neo TF ones that dont move or anything. I know all of this is wishful thinking, but it wont hurt. What idea did you like the best? Any SG ideas of yours? Post away!
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the dispenser decoy is kinda funny, but only really good dispenser placements of idiotic NMEs would ever let you get anyone with that here at the Ville... players are too smart

I like the idea of an option of a tougher/lower damage potential gun, and a more damage, but lower life/armor one...

What I'd really like though, is just an option to show the max range of your gun when you press a key... sorta like "illuminating it's field of fire"... that'd help ya with placements, alot! (especially on all the new/custom maps)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some sound cool, but a few would be inmpossible to destroy. Expecially the one with armor on the front. If they can only hit it from the sides and it has an anti-grenade thing, all an engi needs to do is set it in a corner. I like the walking one though, that would be sweet if it was a bit weaker
Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always an engineer and I couldn't think of all this! Maybe I should think up a few new EMP gernades for the engie.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sSdD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERY creative... how long did it take you to figure all that out... but hey man.. some very creative ideas
Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should submit some to Valve.
Jaredmonkey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the patrol SG idea, and the spy one wouldn't b too bad either...to add on to that though,instead of just targeting the sp with the laser, how about if the spy is in the aser for a certain amount of time (5 seconds or so maybe?) then they will lose their disguise altogether and have to deal with the SG's fire.
sSdD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good idea Sneaky.. submit some maybe... pic ur favs or all of them
Monk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like NeoTF to me. Maybe you should submit those ideas to the creaters of Neo for the next version.
Enrico

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point of the armor SG is that it is hard to destroy. And if you have been a neo-TF medic you know that anti grenade only works with special grens, normal grens arent affected.

And I never sat down and just though up these things, it was just ideas

plus, i thought up a new one

Celing SG
When you upgrade it, it launches off like the LEM module blasting off its base on the moon Then it would stick to the celing and work like a normal SG. Maybe you could do this with the cloaking SG
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juxtaposition wrote:

Celing SG
When you upgrade it, it launches off like the LEM module blasting off its base on the moon Then it would stick to the celing and work like a normal SG. Maybe you could do this with the cloaking SG

Or if you're an Engie-Guru, (like me) you can grenade jump to the lights or rafters, drop a dispenser up there, fall down (usually to your death), and after a few minutes, go back and gren-jump back up there, and get a lvl 3 SG in a place no one would expect!

It's vulnerable to put things up there since it's hard as heck to get back to repair 'em... if it's NEO, then you use the dispenser to get ya 50 armor, drop your MG, get a scout to conc to it, and then you don't have to worry! MUWAHAHAHAHA
PondScum007

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow cool stuff... i dont know much abotu modding, but if you could get a team to make TFC1.5e (engy style) that would be awesome

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about a patrol SG that is airborne? This SG would be incredibly weak because it would make a solly's rockets and un-primed nades useless against them. It's firepower would also be between either very weak or average
Vulcan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first read the posts, the first thing that came to my mind is neo-tf. I think that the spy one is a good idea, but that is like the problem with the mgs, no more spy checking. The noobs here, especially those that start on neo-tf, don't know how to spy check.
OS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The patrolling one is a great idea for the next neo-tf version. The armour one would be damn hard to destroy though. If you have it in a small room, in the corner, it would be nearly impossible to destroy.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: