FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
PWG vs NSA
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FragFailure

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've posted on playing NSA and if it is a possibility (on the pwg board.) This could be anywhere from 5 on 5 to 10 on 10 (depending on popularity.) We'd have to get an OK on the time to use it as well. I'm not gonna assume it will be ok to take over one of the servers. If LB wants in on this too, that would be cool. E4 is still a bit short on guys right now.

Let me know what all you think about this.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bakuryu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya frag. I'm starting to recruit for BR and right now I only have 2 people including myself on this server but i hope to get 5 or 6 by next week. maybe we could hop in?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
omega_initiative

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Frag,

I think your ideas are definitely great. I am very much up for a friendly battle between LB and PWG.(getting the oxymoron on "friendly battle"? =P)Anwway, I don't really know what's up with ice, ghanja and the rest. I'll ask ice and twink about it. But I am definitely want to see who is a better snipe between Mr. Gibs and Snakeye. I also want to see how I and Demented Avenger measure up against SZ and LBC.
SuperZero

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Omega, back when I still sniped more often than now (which is hardly ever lately), I always...ALWAYS...had a harder time against Gibs than Snake. Snake is awesome and was only a step behind at the time...and has logged a lot of time since. I too would be interested in seeing who could outsnipe who at this point LOL, gotta root for em both tho, cause Gibs is a former PWGer and one of my recruiters (under breath: go Snake!)

I'd like to play, I suppose I should dust off my sg...hasn't been getting much use lately. Mainly been a walkin sg or a soldier lately...by God those classes are fun.

Hope this happens, and I hope I can play!

Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd be better off looking for a match with LB than with NSA right now. We've lost a few top players lately, and aren't the most organized clan under the best of circumstances. (Shocking news, I know.) We still have a decent lineup, but there's not much glue holding it together. Eh, any clans out there looking for a mediocre Engie?

Daigle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id like to play in a big match ill be on anyones team that needs me.
Bakuryu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah NSA did lose some people. I think you guys lost me, cycomom, dgenr8, and Soupnazi (who has since joined BR). By the way Snake and I had sniper wars and we went 1:1 against eachother so I think he'd be a match for Mr. Gib's. Hey, where is gib's anyways?
I haven't seen a lot of twink either. Probably because I killed her with a spanner on warpath . I'd like to help in any way possible for any clan scrimmages. I'd love to have BR join ya but we only have 2 people who play this server (hopefully we'll get more).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody would do well to take Daigle up on his offer. Good team player.

Maybe you could just do a "PWG versus the World" scrimmage, rather than wait for another clan to get up to speed. PWG against whoever shows up. You could put together a pretty imposing collection of non-pimps.

Bakuryu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Roughly half the clans on this server are loosely organized posses (Sic). By the way soupnazi if ur out there i need ur e-mail and icq and aim if ya have them all. my e-mail's jp.krebs@verizon.net.

Maian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon Bakuryu, I know that you hate us NSA'ers, but you dont have to go and steal Soup Nazi from us too. JK. But Please, come back to NSA. We've lost a lot of players, and we're not recruiting anymore. Everyone in your clan can come too. I'm sorry that you left. We've really felt it when we're playing. Soup Nazi, Cycomom, Dgenr8, and everyone else who has left, please come back. I hate to lose any one of you. Believe me, I even though NSA was getting out of control, but I had to keep recruiting to equal the PWG. If not, I'd like you guys to join us during the scrimmage vs PWG. I'm also asking Robert E. Lee if we could use one of the ville servers for this match. Prefferably tv1, because it only has Avanti, unlike the others. So spread the word to all clan members, NSA vs. PWG!
NSA NSA NSA NSA!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cstone

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Maian.. it seems that you are really serious about this clan stuff. Just some suggestions from watching PWG being built up:

You need a website. Just some basic HTML at geocities or god knows where would be enough. Tell folks about your clan: what you do, who you are etc.

You need communication. Get people's email. Get their ICQ. Get the AIM name. Try for a social security number if possible.. i hear u can get credit cards w/ one of those (j/k btw dont do that). Try to chat w/ somebody on one of these systems before officialy asking them to join.

A private forum is nice.. We use a thing called Aimoo or something like that.

You could try paying people to join your clan. I will defect from pwg to nsa if you can secure $100 for me personaly. That would be an easy route.. no?

In short be selective about your members; get to know them and keep in touch with them via email or what have you. That is all.. good luck.
cstone

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and just another fyi, maiain.. all of the servers can play any maps, its just a matter of putting the map on the server (all valve maps are installed afik) and put on rotation. rotation is just a text file which contains the names of the maps that get played. or maybe admin_mod changes all this and I dont know what im talking about lol. Either way any server can be set up to play a map regardless of normal play.

If you are really serious about a match between nsa + pwg then i suggest you contact <PWG>Death he handles all our clan matches and that type of thing. Also, in the near future we may have another server and would not have to tie up any tv's.

So you might want to talk to Death before you try Rob... just so both clans can make sure they have all their stuff together before we try and take over the town for an eveining.
Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice, cstone. The most important thing we need in NSA is communication. If we don't bump into each other on AV, we never talk to each other. Which is a bummer. Or maybe they just don't want to talk to me. Do I smell or something? Don't answer that.

Maian, dude. Get your e-mail/ICQ/AIM/whatever in your posts. We have no way to contact you!

twinkie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

back to mega's post...most of us lb'rs talked about that battle, their all up for it, but....me, ice, and ghanja, are all on dial-up. We will play, but the only thing wrong is getting disconnected, maybe next month or so i should have cable.

ohh yea, damn u bak, i'm a frickin guy man.......just in case you thought otherwise

YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep you can add me to the list of those who left NSA, I'm out freelancing again right in time to miss some clan fights. Oh well. NSA was very disorganized to say the least, I didn't even know who the leader was think it's Maian, so said CoolGuy. I don't want to join a clan just to join one and put some stuff in front of my name, It's already pretty long. Teamplay is the best though, not much of that happening where I was, so I moved. But I'm open to good TEAMPLAY clans, who's names aren't too long like <{HBFNWG}> or anything like that. See you in the no stats rampage.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: