FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A neato script

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enrico

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 5:25 pm    Post subject: A neato script Reply with quote

[size=70]YOU KNOW, I BET THAT THIS IS HOW THE KILLAKS ARE GONNA TALK NOW[/size]

Now that that is out of the way i wanted to post a script i made. What it does is it makes it so that whenever you do something, ANYTHING, it will call out a text message. For example, when you fire, it declares "Im throwing a bullet! I hope someone catches it!" I have a message for every single command in TFC, you name it, its there, it even tells other players of an impending text message... You can change any message to suit your liking too. I realise the ungoodly potential for chat spamming and llamaism. So i wanted to okay it with the admins first.

What do you guys think?
PondScum007

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INSTABAN

heh ive seen something like that, and unless you put in at least 500,000 diffent sayigns it gets old pretty fast...a cool one though is 1 bind key that cycles thru spam messages, that was pretty neat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I don't think it would be a good ideal to use this at The Ville. I'm sure you wouldn't stick around too long after using this... The only possible way this wouldn't get old is if you had a massive amount of time and had it where it would say display a differnt message every time you throw up a message. Also, it shouldn't display a message everytime, just every once in a while. You'd have to have a bunch of blank commands inbetween every time you said something. Overall I don't think this would be a good ideal...

ToRaK
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that would probably be like text spamming, we really don't need a play by play of everything and such. Although it was a cool Idea, I don't think it'd be too good to use here, alot of people don't have mics to talk on so the rely on the text to tell them what's up.

Maybe a better script would be one that binds the messages to a button for macro messages like people bind for themselves. This way the person can choose when to say something and possibly customize it to say what they want it to. It would be a good script then for people who don't know how to bind messages.
OSU Snipe Shocker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2002 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that legal at the ville Lin?

I believe that it is rather frowned upon here.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2002 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd get automatically booted for talking too much... That's even happened to me when I'm just being talkative on a less-than-crowded server.

If you were to do that, I'd suggest only binding to the more rare commands... "detdispenser", or "feign silently"... That type of thing (actually, the detdispenser would be sorta cool, something like "wow, that's gotta suck to get blown up by a lowly dispenser, %playername"... if you can ever control it that closely...)
You see how much I've studied this sort of thing, eh? hehehe

If you bind to "primary attack", heck, you'd get booted for chat spamming in less than 2 minutes, my guess.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: