FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
db clan or any hotmail users

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blown

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, since our Cable ISP just flat sucks, please dont get upset with us about not responding to your emails about this or that. We are trying to get charter to fix the problem they are having right now. 99% of the time if we email to a hotmail account it will bounce. I guess the best way to reach either db or me is thru PM on the forums here, or use your isp email account.

Sorry for using TV forums for this, but we just cant seem to get any emails out to ppl.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
PondScum007

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okey...
...my cable suX0r§ too, boots me off way to muchand mysteriously goes down...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't your cable provider give you an email account?????? You might try Yahoo mail.

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Blown

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is our cable email accounts causing the problem. Just got off the phone with them and they are just complete morons. I hate thier stupid arse technical support.

Get this, I applied for a second IP address from these fools, well I couldnt get my second computer to grab the second IP, so off to calling charter again. First person say, OH the lady that helped you missed something, give it 10 or so minutes and it should work. Well I waited 30 minutes and no go. Called back and talked to idiot #2. Basically said everything is set right, reboot everything and try again. Well, little did he know I had done that one million times before. Called back, moron #3. Sorry too hard for me, Ill give you to tech support level #3 (level #1 must be total morons if level #2 cant even figure out how to give me a second ip). Level #3 response, give us a day, we dont know. DOH 3 days later and still no second IP I decide to call and just cancel the damn second IP cause Im totally fed up with their BS, and this is the best part of it all. Lady on phone, how may I help ya. Me, yes I would like to cancel my second IP. Lady, why may I ask. Me, because after 10 phone calls you cant figure out how to get it to work and Im tired of wasting time calling you. Lady, ok sir, hmm this is strange, I only show you having one IP applied for. This is prob why you cant get the second one to work. Me, Oh thats nice, so level #1 doesnt catch this, #2 doesnt, and omg, your high level #3 experts overlook it also. You ppl are sooooo good. Lady, well would you like to get the second IP now that I found the problem. Me, No Way In Hell!!

I swear they are total morons there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
hoaxie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bad thing is that quite often DSL and Cable services are farmed out. For example, I have DSL through BellSouth. Bell South actually buys the DSL service from another company. Then, to top it off, the tech support if farmed out. Many times, people are hired off the street, given a one month course, and thrown on a phone with a book of stock answers. They are really not *troubleshooters* per se. If it ain't in the book, you might as well forget it!! And as most know who have had to deal with these idiots (not their faults) you are generally SOL!!

Have a nice day!

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: