FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A Lil Question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sSdD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i leant my disk to Turk a while back so he could load it..and now i had to load the same disk to my comp..so on the stats page our Id's r the same..so how can i change that??
Vulcan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe that you can without having separate CD keys.

hoaxie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell him to buy his own copy!!! For crying out loud! It is sooo inexpensive now. I don't get it. I have three versions here at home. All purchased from the store. *realizes she is slowly climbing onto a soap box and decides to STFU*

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You tell em hoax.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sSdD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol well i'll have to figure out sumtin..idk
Computer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here's a question, I have a friend that lent his CD to a friend of his so he could play HL single player, well soon that friend found the joys of not only TFC, but the Ville also. So now when friend #1 tries to get on the Ville and the other friend is already there he can't play. This person has been asked very nicely to stop playing here and doesn't seem to listen very well.

The real question here is... is it possible to ban a specific IP address as opposed to there WON ID? Hope you can help.

hoaxie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George, if you have the same CD key it will not let you play on the same servers. Period. (At least I don't think so.)

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
sSdD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah see our stats r combined...from his comp and my new comp..so im' tryin to find a way to get it to work..i'll get it eventullly...idk
hoaxie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck, George!
ToRaK

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm thinking correctly you origionally had two different cd keys. When you loaded half-life on your computer you used the key you had given to Turk. Find the other cd key (that you origionally used) and use that one. You can find/edit what key you are using by going to Start | Run | regedit | HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareValveCounterStrikeSettingsKey. I'm not sure the exact path for Half-life Retail. I suggest you go to your old machine...find your key number and then update your new machine.

ToRaK

sSdD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it ok if i just use a random key generator...i DL one and just did it..so will that work..thanx a lot Tor
hoaxie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*falls on the floor*

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
ToRaK

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it will not work...that would allow you to play single player but not multiplayer. You must have legit CD key from a retail copy...get it from your old PC George.

ToRaK

sSdD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol ok will do...i'll do it later today
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-04-14 21:28, CuRiOuS gEoRgE wrote:
is it ok if i just use a random key generator...i DL one and just did it..so will that work..thanx a lot Tor

Do you think those keys are UNUSED keys or something ? A random key generator is like stealing someone elses key they PAID for. I know I'd be pretty pissed if I tried to join the Ville and found out someone was already using MY key. I'd do everything I could to make that persons PAY...if you get my drift ?

And for others out there take a lesson here, DON'T LOAN your CD. Once you give it to someone it isn't yours anymore. You can rationalize it away all you want but that won't make it right. As for the ficticious person who keeps the other unknown from playing at the Ville sometimes....GOOD, hope you learned something here.

I really hate the games where the anti-theft protection makes you have the CD loaded to play. It really puts wear and tear on my CD drives. The primary reason for that type of copy protection is people who LOAN their CDs to other people. Nuff said.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: