FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Gas Wars
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tire of high prices for gasoline? Well read on.
THIS COULD WORK
GAS WARS
I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by the summer
Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth, offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain Day" campaign that was going around last April or May!
The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $1.97 for regular unleaded in my town.(California)
Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have Conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50- $1.75,we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace....not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocket book that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How?
Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a
Price war.

Here's the idea:
For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from The two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to all you at the ville. If each of you send it to at least ten more (60 x 10 = 600)... and those 600 send it to at least ten more (600 x 10 = 6,000) ... and so on, by the time

the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over SIX MILLION consumers! . ..

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 60 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... SIX HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

How long would all that take? All 600 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you?

Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you,please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK. YOU KNOW THEY LOVE HOLIDAYS AND

SUMMER TRAVELERS.

Chan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure ill go along with this action too

But- here it is only $1.32 a gallon

[ This Message was edited by: Chan Tanaka-TPF- on 2002-04-11 17:40 ]
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heck in Saudi Arabia it's less than 25 cents a gallon lets all move there.

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
`RaphX

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should count yourselves as lucky - here it is UKŁ3.50 a gallon. That's $5 a gallon.
BigCaulk69

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can also just use less gas overall too and get a car that doesnt waste gas. that helps too....boy do we need fuel cells
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey all my cars get 30 MPG or better.
But you are right even here in the states we are spoiled by the gas prices. Isn't it funny that the oil only has to travel half the distance to get to Europe but they pay almost 4 times what we do.

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
BigCaulk69

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry...didnt mean that "you" to sound like i was talking to you...i meant in general.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
thewz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it's usually between 60-80 cents.

Of course we measure it in litres.
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in construction. I was driving a full size van getting 8 to 10 miles a gallon. But with the last round of increases I went out and bought a hatch back that gets 35 miles a gallon. This works 95% of the time. It is amazing what you can get in a little car when the seats are folded down.
I order materials ahead of time and I only bring the tools that are currently needed. It has been a year now and in one more my little car will pay for itself in gas savings. Americans have to learn to do more with less. Smaller auto type vehicles for tradesmen are needed. Small pickups are nice but they still only get 20 something. I look forward to a 50+ MPG car someday. WW has a high 40s car.

Thats a great Idea though to boycott one.
OS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many litres in a gallon?

It's 80c ( Australian) here, so that would be about 40c a litre over in America. Is that a good price? Cause I have no idea what a gallon is.
thewz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's about 4 litres per gallon.
Axa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this chainletter has been around for years.
Warhammer
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that the small "independent" alternative gas stations also buy THEIR gas from ExxonMobil, which controls most of the gas distribution. So it really doesn't work, all that changes is who sells it to you. Unless you're actually buying less gas, it's not going to make a difference.
Goldom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pff guys, look at our car, yall suck (avg 40 - 90 MPG, phear.)

http://www.toyota.com/prius
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Oregon it is alread at $2.00 and I expect $3.00 because of the Arab/Israel conflict.

DK WIld
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: