FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Have you ever?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whybkuul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever been so frustrated while playing Avanti that you finally had to give up? It just happened to me tonight. You guys know the situation. A really strong defense on cap3, and you're on a less than "strong" team. That pesky little sniper (for the sake of argument, we'll call our sniper.. umm, Mr. Gib's[LB]) just won't let you kill a couple guys. Then there's the spamming demo, throwing his pipes over the balcony, hoping to hit something (this really takes skill, eh?) Finally, there's a couple engis just bangin away at their SG's. Now as most of you know, I don't really care about how much I die. I'm more for helping my team. For some reason tonight I just got really frustrated and had to leave. I'm posting this to find out if it's happened to anyone else, or if I'm just a bad sport. Thanks guys.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rata-tat-tat
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NA never happened to me I always break the stailmate even if i have to carry the whole team

Rata-tat-tat on yo hat. Eat it up fast or you will get the bat.
Lil-Yugi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It never happen to me. The greater the challenge the more fun the game will be.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does happen to me on occasion. If I have a bad day at work and I'm still frustrated when I get home my tolerance level is way down and I just have to leave. It's bad smortsmanship if you do it everytime you get on a bad team IMO. Just step away from the old computer for about an hour and try again. Seems to work for me.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Monk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel your pain. I have done it on many occasion, but usually because of lag problems. If I just can't seem to do anything productive, I end up going to another server. One thing I won't let myself do though is let down my team. If we are struggling to gain a cap, I won't leave just to avoid an embarrassing kill/death ratio.

It is perfectly understandable every now and then. You can't be perfect all time

Dahak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only happens to me on rock2.. when it's me vs 12 defenders.. how fun...
`RaphX

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's probably me, but I didn't realise throwing pipe grenades over the balcony was frowned upon :-/
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know exactly how you feel Whybkuul. It happened to me just last Friday evening.
I was playing in a scrimmage againt the TVB. I tried to help the NJK and we really got spanked on the avanti map. I guess I'll just have to put it down to being out and out beaten.

ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its not happening your not playing intense enough. Cant have the highs without some lows.

Everyone is born next to a butthole, some of us get over it though.

MuLiShA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah Blue thats a cheap shot....I remember us just being a few sec away from winning 2fort if that damned time didnt run out
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it happens to me a fair amount... the combination of crappy connection, going against a better team, and lack of good teammate support can just be too much... the game's supposed to be fun, then it's not.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gindapoo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have played on a less than stellar team that gets stuck (trying to cap 3 for half and hour for example). It is frustrating, but I never have been to the point of leaving due to frustration.

One thing I started doing when this happened was going random. You get to practice all the classes, and I discovered random is fun this way! Also develop new tactics this way. (Like going all the way around the church to kill sg on stairs above cp3. The enemy was not respawning much so no one saw me. Sweet sg kill.)

As for the demo spamming over the balcony, wait until you see six GLgrens come over, then run through in the time the demo is reloading. Or go the other way and die in the death room instead.

[ This Message was edited by: gindapoo on 2002-04-10 14:27 ]

[ This Message was edited by: gindapoo on 2002-04-10 14:56 ]
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Rata on this one. I would just go suicidal (insert character here). Me, I almost always go Demo on the attacking team. He is just so completely usefull in that capacity. You will get through eventually. Just use one of your "not so good" team mates as a blocker for that sniper in the tower!

As for the defending demo spamming the balcony: That is a legitimate tactic to use. Avanti is all about spam! It is non stop spam! It has a room called the "death" room! You think it got that name because of chivalrous CB matches!

Sometimes you lose. Sometimes you lose really bad. Sometimes you just get spanked! Nothing you can do except play through it. Now, if the reason for your loss is a persistant Llama factor, then yeah, go get an admin or just leave. At least that's what I'll do rather than get angry anymore.

two cents.

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate having matches like that. There have been times where I am on the defending team and get bored because the attackers are beyond incompetent and can't even cap 2. I usually will switch teams and try to organize the team into some sort of allied front to push up. Sometimes though, the battle is hopeless and you have to admit defeat and move on.
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snaggle that's exactly what Sgt. Stutter and I did last night. The match became totally pointless and this got it moving again. We sensed the depression was setting in with the nm.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: