FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Any idea why my mouse froze up?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gindapoo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was playing on TV1 earlier this evening and my mouse went dead, no input at all. I could still move with the keys, but all mouse function was gone. This is the second time this has happened, and both times I had to reboot my computer to get mouse control back.

I have never had this problem with any other application, so it kinda baffles me.

And no it is not a wireless mouse with dead batteries--it has a cord and the cord was still plugged in. I didn't change any settings, just reboot and all is fine.

Any ideas?

where the name came from<---clicky
2Crisis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you use the optical Microsoft Intellimice? They have been known to have faulty cord wiring which results in the type of problem you seem to be having. It has happened to me before.

gindapoo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I still am in the dark ages and use a two button wheel mouse with the little ball inside of it. (I just never found any optical or wireless that I like better.)
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try to remove the bottom and take ou t dust etc?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If cleaning the dust bunnies out doesn't work, you may need to replace it. Your sensors may be shot.

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
gindapoo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I checked for the dust bunnies and cleaned it out. The silly thing works fine after I reboot my comp, so I don't think that it is the sensors (but it may still be).

When it happens in game, it starts like a little lag spike, but when I unfreeze the mouse is unresponsive. Weird. I asked the computer maintenance people at the college where I work and they didn't have a clue either. (Said it should be doing it all the time, not just in one application.)

This really has me baffled because I am not sure it is even the mouse--like maybe a driver problem or connection to motherboard. (Gosh I hope not! Mouse is easier and cheaper to replace.)

Thanks for responding.
splatter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same thing happen to me a couple of times . I reboot and then It works fine . Doesn't happen in any other application . I think it must be "ville" gremlins
KillerRoofcutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No more balls for me! No more balls for me!

3 words. Buy optical mouse!

I got a laser I got a laser I got a laser...

Works for me...

PICKACHU GOT OWNED!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both kinds hooked up to my comp and I have to use the one with the one with the ball for gaming. For some reason if I move the optical mouse to abruptly then it doesn't track the movement. Your best bet is to probably just try a new mouse and try it out. If it's not it than it was a cheap trial and error.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: