FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
2fort revival
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
{db} Finger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is there no more 2fort on theville servers? (not that I know of and if their is their isnt enough) I know that 2fort is probably the most commonly played map, but I still never get bored with it, cant we put some 2fort in SOMEWHERE??, i'd rather play 2fort than casbah on tv5. Its TFC bread and butter, c'mon I know you guys miss it, I had to find a new 2fort dedicated server to satisfy my cravings.

(I actually saw a few theville regulars on the server, Blown was playing there too)
PondScum007

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

god yes...that was the 1st map i ever played in Quake3Fortress AND TFC that got me hookt on TFC...it is a classic for sure and should get at least some time with players on it to pay some homage or whatever

i sure am

[ This Message was edited by: PondScum007 on 2002-03-27 14:49 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind it over well. I hate casbah and well, but casbah is a little better.
hoaxie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually got to play 2fort today on a Ville server. I had forgotten how much fun it can be. I would also prefer it over... What the heck is the map I hate so much?? nm

Yeah, bring back 2Fort.

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
OSU Snipe Shocker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KILL CASBAH!!!

LONG LIVE 2FORT!!!!!

I agree with Finger, replace casbah on TV5 with 2fort. Try it for a week, and see how it fares.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Computer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's my two bytes.

Kill Well and Casbah and repalce with Flagrun and 2fort. now that would be a huge change for the better in my opinion. And from previous threads I would like to think that many people here would agree with me.

Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost never play on TV 5 (bad ping), but if I had to choose between well and 2fort, I'd pick 2fort. Both are alright maps once and awhile, but if I end up in a game of 2fort or well where my team is full of noobs, they are just plain boring
PondScum007

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

casbah downright sucks, well is ok...still, go for 2fort!

Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey gang,
I like Well and Casbah but a change for a while would be ok by me. FlagRun is a cool map, lots of fun. Hard with good players. I would really like to see this on up in regular rotation.
2fort is the old stand by. Lots of action and places to call home and defend or attack. Getting those pesky snipers on the deck is as much fun as capping the flag in my opinion. So haveing a 2fort in the rotataion is ok, Llamas or not.
this is up to the server admins of course but they listen and if enough want a change well you just might get it
Goldom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2fort is fun, but casbah is GOD!!! (casbah was the first map i ever played *sniff* memories. Wwell after turkeyburgers, which was first map on tFc i ever played.. lol)
Goldom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And btw, I can now add myself to the list of TV players that are "so good other servers think they cheet!" I was playing 2 fort on another server when TV was down, and I was on enemy balcony, and I double-backstabbed 2 people in a row, and got called a cheeter =)
shovelnose
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also the we should bring back 2fort for a while. but i noticed in the posts above mine, noone actually ASKED the admins. so on behalf of all other villuns who want to play some 2fort, can we please have some 2fort

Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God I HATE 2FART. Pls dont bring it back. No 2Fort.
ToRaK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign me up for some 2fort. I know it's a widely avaiable map...but I can't play it with all the great players of the ville anywhere but here. Can we get it in the rotation on one of the servers?

ToRaK

Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as that stupid glitch in 2fort doesn't happen, it's an okay map. I'm sick of getting on servers that won't let you capture the flag while the other team laughs at you.

I'd like to see Vidars, or Vidar2 in the rotation somewhere. I played it on The Hood yesterday and it was pretty fun with actual people.

But whatever you guys decide, don't get rid of Casbah!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: