FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How does the cheat detection program work?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whybkuul

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the cheat program look for the ATTRIBUTES of a cheat, or does it only look for KNOWN cheats? Like if someone programs his own, will it detect the cheat? I usually don't whine about skill, because i know i suck, but there have been some people that are either amazing, or are cheating... and if they're amazing, why aren't they out there making videos like in EE's post?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It scans your harddrive for know cheats, and checks known cheat cvars. It also disables some versions of ogc's aimbot and esp ("just like cheating death lol" - from the maker of ogc ) It also has a setting to detect fov. So if you get a headshot, do a 180 and get another headshot it will say you're cheating. I personally think it is a piece of crap and I don't think it works against the *good cheater*
Ktulu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero nothing is perfect but it is better than having no cheat detection at all and from what i've been reading the new update patch for TFC has alot of anti-cheat detection in it... Go Valve!
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever read the readme for hlh? It thanks valve for adding new cheat detection so the makers could have a "challenge" and it "added some more goodies to fool around with". I will agree though, it is better than nothing. Especially because in TFC, unlike c-strike people don't try and hide there cheats. They are not waiting for the scanner.
Bakuryu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We caught someone cheating that had something outside of CSguard. The guy would get 85% headshots and would barely ever charge at all and fire his sniper rifle with incredible speed and accuracy. The fella's name was agent, if you ever see him around, watch him, he's either the best ever, or a huge cheater.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No c-strike aimbots aren't made to charge, so if he was using a modified ogc, then that would be why he was shooting like that.
Blown

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if its not the best. For a while there it was 3-4 ppl in a 2hr period when I was player that got busted. The more that go bye bye is all good. I hate cheaters.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Computer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea cheaters are incredibly lame. But I've always just wanted to do it like for one day or something and go to some random server and pwn and be total a$$ for a littl3 while. Although it happens some of the time anyway (me pwning, yes it does happen, no laughing) oh well mostly I just think it would be funny for a little while.

Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A half hour of hexing and configuring hlh(very good aimbot, highly detectable), and I got it past cs-guard, and then owned some foxbots
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: