FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sniping Tip

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PyROZen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best tip for sniping would be to LEAd your target. many of you TFC snipers are used to tracking your target. This works OK in DoD, but not as well as if you just position your crosshair in front of your target and wait for them to run into it. The same rule applies for using any of the MGs. You will hardly ever miss a shot like this. If your enemy doen't run into your crosshairs, adjust your aim and try again. I think this makes sniping tons eaiser, MG also. Of course this could just be what you like better. Proof that this works for MGs is that i have held the MG42 award for around 5 days straight, with over 500 kills

"Conc Jumping, my old nemesis..."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
[Wolfpack]Deqlyn Moquei

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting for people to run out in open and mow them down with MG-42 is not hard. Especially with uphill advantage at avalanche and Dog1.
PyROZen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if its so damn easy then why dont you have the award? i only play DoD about 1 or 2 hours a night at The Ville. Whenever i play i usually get more kills than the other MGs on the team, so i must be doing something right.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
[Wolfpack]Deqlyn Moquei

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not a camper thats why. Even as sniper i get behind enemy lines.
PyROZen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think i have ever even played against you in a game, so how do you know my game tactics? I never camp as MG, i constantly move to different positions so i dont get killed. Getting behind enemy lines as sniper is a good tactic, one that I use when i play Allies on Dog1. Im not gonna sit here and have a flame war with you over this, it is stupid to argue about.

NerUKierFKeal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use both depending on the enemy

[Wolfpack]Deqlyn Moquei

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen u in many games. Maybe you've seen this name [Wolfpack]Deqlyn Moquei
NoMoreWords

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mg telling people how to snipe?????

Dude when you are on dog1 and an allie sniper you can't lead anything you have to watch six areas for the nme. Then you have to watch guys try and pop up. Guys going down to beach,guys in two pillboxes, etc.

and it is nothing like TFC cause one german mg can kill your whole team in seconds where in TFC one player of any class won't kill your whole team.

If you really want to be a good player and give people good tips why don't you see what is out there besides the Ville. If you really want to get good try a friendly fire server like HJE. Being good at The ville is one thing but being good in the world is another.

Crowlock, NoMoreWords, and [Wolfpack]NMW
PyROZen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV isn't the only server i play on. I play at Fakemaps custom DoD map server quite a bit. While I play as MG most of the time, i also play sniper and the tip applies to both classes.

(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is just sharing his opinion about sniping and MGing, which I happen to agree with. Good tips Pyrozen. so lets not blow this out of control there is enough arguing going on in the forums as it is. So lets all just let our gameplay do our talking for us and all have some FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! see you both in game.

[ This Message was edited by: (+)ASSASSIN(+) on 2002-03-25 16:23 ]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: