FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
BAH!!! i suck
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whybkuul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i yesterday i was running my mouth and challenging someone to take my award from me, thinking i'd be able to keep it for awhile. Looks like VP already has, kinda sad huh? I guess i learned a lesson...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dahak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i suck too
MuLiShA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, yes you do
Blown

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats alright, for the life of me I just cant kill anyone when I play pyro. Tried it again just for fun yesterday and was lucky to go 1-10. Ya, I think Ill stick to the other positions.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
shovelnose
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

augh. pyros are impossible. i don't understnad how you can get kills with the flame thrower....it sucks. i think ill stick to the crowbar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With pyro, it has to be a multitude of the weapons. The flamethrower by itself will usually not result in a kill. Throwing a few napalm grenades, hit them with a rocket and then flame them will be a pretty quick death. I have seen my son take down a full health HW one on one, by doing the above. Bakuryu can give you some pointers also. He has it down pretty well. If your looking for just flamethrower kills, it probably won't happen, unless you use other parts of your arsenal before pulling the flamethrower out. they do irritate though and that is a pain for the opposing team on its own.
EagleEyes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take watch bigcaulk play... That is all.
FragFailure

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whybkuul

sux0r?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told ya yesterday that I was gonna take it from ya I've actually had a lot of experience with pyro before, since it was the first class I played on tfc and I loved it. See if ya can strip me of MY TITLE now
(No doubt that someone will soon, hehe)
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found that to play pyro you need a decent ping... you can't get your flames on them with a high ping. It's always a good idea to hit with rocket, then flame...

But, EE is right... the best way is to watch BigCaulk... he'll show you how to pwn people as a pyro!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Whybkuul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gibs, good points. I usually throw down a napalm and hide behind a corner, wait for some grunts, and come out with my flamethrower. Every time i see a HW i prime a nade. It's almost impossible to take them down with only the thrower, tho i have done it before. The good hw's that play need a nade or two. Also remember to circle strafe, and strafe side to side. Crouch and shoot into their face-most don't know where it's coming from then. Use the rockets when you're far enough away to not be hurt by the damage, remember, they have a HUGE blast area. Last tip? take a look at how far your flames reach- i never noticed it until i started playing, but they go way far out. It takes a long time to run out of ammo, so as soon as you see an enemy, start flaming!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NerUKierFKeal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it possible for a flame thrower to kill a sniper in 5 sec full health and armor because someone killed me in 5 secs with it

Whybkuul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-03-22 11:27, NerUKierFKeal wrote:
is it possible for a flame thrower to kill a sniper in 5 sec full health and armor because someone killed me in 5 secs with it

HELL YES it is! i've done it SO many times! Snipers are WAY easy to kill with pyro! they just stand there trying to get a shot, all you have to do is strafe side to side and they're gone. It's not cheating nuk, the flamethrower is a lot more powerful than most people think

Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can actually take down a sniper in less then that if they sitin a corner I love watching snipers fall to my flames as they try to shoot me. If you're a sniper, be smart and run away
As for HW's. I can take them down with just the flame thrower if their stupid enough to let me. But yes circle strafe and try to be where you think they aren't going to look. Funniest thing I ever did was set a pack camping Heavy on fire and then I leaped on to his head since he was crounching. I flamed him from the top and he died without ever knowing where I was.
Albino Gibbon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that episode Pacifist. Instead of helping you out, I just watched and laughed. That was the pack between 2 and 3 right?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: