FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DoD

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
=Glenn=The_shibby{Frog}

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, i just got done playing dod, and i loved it, its a sweet game, just plow ppl down with that machine gun, ohh yeah, but a few questions, are the axis troops stalins men, or hitlers, or both, and sometimes when i'm playing, it just shuts off, completely like closes halflife , ends program
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
thewz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shibby, don't you know your history?
Stalin and Hitler weren't allied! What do you think the battle over the eastern front was all about?
=Glenn=The_shibby{Frog}

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops, i dont have any classes about ww2 yet, its a cool game thow, i hope to figure out why it keeps crashin on me
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Demented Avenger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch the History Channel. Everything you ever wanted to know about WW2, but was afraid to ask. Personaly, it is my favorite channel, along with Discovery and The Learning Channel.

Chan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-03-21 21:36, Demented Avenger wrote:
Watch the History Channel.

Dont you mean the Nazi channel?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-03-21 21:36, Demented Avenger wrote:
Watch the History Channel. Everything you ever wanted to know about WW2, but was afraid to ask. Personaly, it is my favorite channel, along with Discovery and The Learning Channel.

GEEK
hehe j/k
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Shibby

Welcome to the world of. . ."no way, that was waaaaay too real!". DOD is a great mod and it will only get better. Hope to cya there!

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once spent an entire night watching the History Channel special on the weapons of WWII. I now know more about the Mauser company than anyone should.
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Origanally the Russians and the Germans had a non aggression pact to not attack each other.Then Hitler the dummy that he was attacked Russia.By taking on two fronts he sealed Germanies fate thank God.Russia was very smart by burning and destroying anything the germans could use.BTW the Axis powers were Germany,Italy,and Japan I think.

Are you threatening me ???
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, Germany, Italy, and Japan. Hitler lost the war for the Germans. He didn't let his researchers know what the others were doing. Many projects were being tested in slightly different forms all over Germany. The jet engine, advanced radar, nuclear technology, long range missiles (borderline ICBM kinda stuff) Because Hitler was not tuned into the possibilities of many of his scientists' research, he either stopped the projects, or put stipulations on the projects to all but guarantee they would never be successfully completed.
ToRaK

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hilter's most significant flaw (thank goodness) was his inability to accept defeat. It is possible that he could've still won the war against Russia and the rest of Europe had he allowed his troops to be properly supplied for the long battle of attrition needed to take Moscow and the rest of Russia. Luckily he couldn't admit to his men that it was possible his plan wouldn't be successful in taking Russia by winter. He therefore didn't send much needed supplies to his army which virtually sealed the fate of his armies on the Eastern Front. If he had won it is possible that Germany would be the superpower of today.

ToRaK

thewz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the only reason that we aren't all speaking german right now, is because the Japanese attacked pearl harbour. Until then, the Americans (COWARDS j/k) had not taken part in the war, once they were attacked by Japan, they began a campaign against the nazis. Their participation tipped the scale in favor for the allies just enough for us to win.

Also, if Rommel (germany's best general) would have commanded the western on D-day, we would have surely lost. Luckily, Hitler thought that Rommel was a traitor, and sent him to africa(? I think, I'm not too sure about that tho)

Now where the hell did I pick up all that?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: