FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The_avenger's DoD tips of the week

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thewz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Learn the map! Know areas that have good cover from enemy fire, and know where the enemies like to hang out.

Also, learn to shoot through walls, yes you heard me, you can shoot through walls in DoD. I have pegged many a sniper who thought they could take cover behind that 1 inch thick wall.

Also, DoD has some serious clipping problems, take advantage of them. If an enemy is behind a thin wall, you can usually see his weapon or hands poking out from there, fire a few rounds at them and you might kill him.

A lot of people complain about not being able to know if a person was on your team or not. Remember: if it's tan it's american.
Linktodeath

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good advice Avenger but the only problem for me is that i lag way too bad so it doesn't really matter so either way im dead.

thewz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA YOU LIKE MEN!
*this outbreak has been brought to you by PAS*

Linktodeath

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You and your PAS needs to redefine the word stupidity.

thewz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STOP YELLING AT ME!

Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As one who does quite well on DoD, here's my advice. Learn to use all the weapons from each class. That way you can switch to a class your team needs and not worry about getting owned before you ever reach the front lines. Also, think realism. There is much you can't do in DoD that is common in most FPS games. I don't know how many times I've wasted guys who thought they could go Gung Ho out into a street... The physics of the game are much closer to real life (except maybe the stamina) but the guns fire like real guns, you can't fire on a ladder or rope, and you can't fire while standing or going prone. Additionally, make sure you know where your teammates are, awareness is the best tool for staying alive in DoD.
Linktodeath

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I am sorry...Did I hurt you in any kind of way?

thewz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need to run accross a street to get somewhere, and you know that there are snipers and/or mgs waiting to shoot you down, pop out for a second, toss the grenade towards them and go back for cover, wait about a second and run. If you time it right, you can completely block their fov and they will have little chance of hitting you.
KillerRoofcutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2002 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also sprint really fast for short distancies! So if you need to get past a small street or something Sprint!

PICKACHU GOT OWNED!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gindapoo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-02-26 16:59, the_avenger wrote:
Also, learn to shoot through walls, yes you heard me, you can shoot through walls in DoD. I have pegged many a sniper who thought they could take cover behind that 1 inch thick wall.

I know this is true, and it also seems that it is possible to kill by ricochet. It seems that I have killed enemies or been killed by enemies on ricochet around corners at times. Maybe it is just imagination (or maybe clipping).
PyROZen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one more thing. if you are sniping, you can usually clip corners with a shot and it will travel through the wall and still connect. A few times i thought i botched an easy shot by hitting the wall, then i look down and see a nice dead body

"Conc Jumping, my old nemesis..."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FingerDemon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I got a tip. No, seriously I do have something useful to add.

On Avalanche, as Allied, go up first broken wall and into broken building take the ladder and the broken floor to the right and go to the window. If you look out the window to the left you see the arch over the road the Allied forces have to run up. At an angle run and jump out the window onto the archway. It's always a little tricky with jumps out windows at an angle on Half-Life IMO, but this one is pretty easy. Then walk to the far right hand side of arch and go prone. Any Axis trying to run down the road is dead in your sights as well as anyone trying to jump out the window on the right hand side over the first Allied Cap point. I racked up a serious number of kills there the other night on some pretty good Axis players. I was only support infantry, not Machine Gunner or even Sergeant. If they hadn't been so good, they wouldn't have gotten that far into Allied territory. But give it a try, even when they know you are there, it is difficult for them to kill you.

<TVB>FingerDemon-VS
El Camaro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-02-26 17:08, the_avenger wrote:
HA YOU LIKE MEN!
*this outbreak has been brought to you by PAS*

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Bojangles

[ This Message was edited by: El Camaro on 2002-03-15 12:17 ]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: