FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Stealing Caps
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that issue. How can someone steal a cap? I don't think that is possible. But I think there are several ways if one were to use there imagination.

You can purposley be a "candy@$$" and render someone to die. Like shoot them in front of an sg, or watch the enemy kill them. Personally I think the only way to steal a person's cap is to perform illama activity. And that, my friend, is a no, no. To tell you the truth, I cap a lot as "souljah," and if I see another "souljah" or another class resting his buttocks on the cap I'll let him take it. There is no reason to fight over the flag if that person was first to take it. And if that person dies I'll be the first one to rocket jump over my teammates to get it so we can gain the points. Team Play First!!! Uhhhh Duhhhhh!!! So for all you noobs and mcscrooges out there...Frag on!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Trigger Happy on 2002-03-14 13:44 ]
Brujah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only time I really get agrivated when someone caps a flag I carried halfway cross the map is when I'm the only one that seems to be getting into da enemy base and doing the offensive work.... otherwise I just tell people to take it to the cap point... there's no glory in being a total prick >
Blown

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank god for the ridding of points for caps. Why does it even matter who caps it, you team got the cap right. The sooner its capped the sooner you can take thier flag again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Computer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly the point I'm trying to make. You can't 'steal' a cap. Your team gets points based on capping flags and your objective in the game should be to do whatever it takes to win for your TEAM.

It just really frustrates me to see someone being so selfish. I'll be the firs to admit that I am a stat whore, I check the daily and look at every little detail. But I never let this interfere with the way in which I play. Whatever class that I play I do the best that I can to play my role.

The incident occured on Casbah. After the alleged "cap stealing occured" the person accusing said "Hope your happy now, the only reason your score looks good is because you were stealing my caps" Even though twice my friend had capped on his own and the time he "stole" it, the flag was sitting behind the boxes at the end of the tunnel leaving reds base. So it isn't as if it was sitting on the battlements or anything.

Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you lost the flag, and can't get to it on time, it's your fault, you lost the flag, making it no ones flag until another person gets it. I remember playing a round when I (hwguy) was passing the flag onto medics everytime I saw them. Hell, I even tried passing it onto a spy on the other team looking like a medic, it was funny as all hell.
Thom Yorke Obliterator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on, Lin.

If you don't want anyone to "steal your cap", then don't die in the first place. If you die with the flag, it's fair game. If someone else grabs it, go sit in the enemy base and wait for the next one to pop up.

What's next, stealing frags? "Hey, I almost killed that guy! Don't finish him off, he's my frag!"

Black Hawk REG 1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is tiring hearing people whine over "Thats my flag you idiot!" thats why its called TEAM fort classic. you grab the flag to benifit the TEAM. Another thing i dont really like, just kinda nags me, is how the person who caps the flag get around 2-10 kills. oooo well not my place to decide.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol Thom, you are not that far off the mark, there was a recent topic on this board about stealing kills

PJ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: