FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Conc jumping

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DreadVile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have tips on doing that, as a scout that is. Is Tyconc back on TV4 will need to prac.

ToRaK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tayconc is on the grudge in the rotation (as of tonight). It is also up for vote on the grudge server. It is really hard to help someone with concusion jumps, it's a practiced skill. Depending on your latency you will have to modify when you jump on your 'nade.

Basically, you throw down the 'nade, count off the clicks, and then run forward and jump at the proper time. By modifying how far forward or behind a 'nade you can control where your going. You modify your jump time to suit your lag and jumping style.

With my old 56k I used to jump anywhere from 2 to 2.5. Now, on cable, I jump anywhere from 3 - 3.5. It really matters how good of connection you have with the server. Have to feel this one out every server you join. Hope I helped.

ToRaK

Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend playing the conc maps on a LAN game before you try it on an actual server. It's much easier to deal with 0 ping when you're just learning how to conc jump.
afum humba

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

remember that the conq explodes in a circle, so knowing that you can tell where you are going to go
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-03-12 23:34, Silent Snaggle wrote:
I recommend playing the conc maps on a LAN game before you try it on an actual server. It's much easier to deal with 0 ping when you're just learning how to conc jump.

Ahh yes grasshoppah, but will he have a ping of 0 in game where it counts? The grudge match has it on it yes, I think it's playing now for the next 600 hours. If not find an admin and they can change it for you for a while.
OSU Snipe Shocker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One Tip:

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: