FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Chimp needs help.... "help."
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MunkeyEye
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just wondering if the pings you guys get on TV4 and the Grudge have been the same since the last week. Have you noticed any changes?

I'm having some problems with mine since it's shot all the way up to about 140~200 (from 35+) for the last coupla days and only affects TV4 and the Grudge. The rest of the TV servers have been consistent with no changes. And it only seems to be affecting me since I've asked around during gameplay and noticed the usual pings for the regulars. Any ideas? Looks like the relationship between those servers and my home PC has soured....

oh btw, i checked the pings on my notebook for those 2 servers and it has the same problem too. I'm hoping the solution is something absolutely stupid (I've seemed to have gone through that several times this week already) Any help will be appreciated. Heck, I'll even throw in a free frag, not that it's too difficult to kill me anyways...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Blown

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Munkey, Deathbringer was going to post something about this. We discussed it at lunch today. Lately TV4 has been real lag happy. I really havent noticed it on the Grudge server much though. The lag for me really started when you switch the servers around. Not sure what the change was, the computer, the connection or what. The old TV4 seemed to be alot faster than it is now, but I just didnt wanna be the one to complain about it. I notice when I join TV4 and the server is pretty full the FPS is way way down to like 14 FPS. Not sure but maybe that is hurting pings in some way.

Since we are on the subject. TV3 almost always is real good for me, but when the map goes to warpath everyones pings go to heck. Must be something about that map that hurts pings.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Whybkuul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

We discussed it at lunch today. Lately TV4 has been real lag happy.

So Blown, did you guys have box lunches? *inside joke*

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MunkeyEye
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Blown, ironically, the new server has got a faster hardware setup than the old one which now houses the Grudge. I think I might have a solution for that tomorrow, now you've mentioned it. Good thing too, coz I would never have known otherwise.

Don't worry about bitc... inquiring about the servers. Voicing your concerns can only alert us to potential server issues which we can then fix and make it a more enjoyable playing experience for all.

As for lagging on warpath, the problem lies with that map. It's a very CPU-intensive map and if you notice, your actual bandwidth ping remains the same while the ping listed in your status screen (tab) shows something much higher esp when more players join.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Blown

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whyb, you know I save the box lunch eating for just me and you.

Munkey, ok, makes sense then. I know on most maps TV3 has like 80+ fps and Ive seen it up to 350+ a couple times with a light load. Last night avanti was going and pings were awesome but then next was warpath and it all went to hell. Thanks for explaining it. What is the specifications on your main TV4 server?

I think quite a few ppl are still getting that cl_flushentity error on TV1 still too. I got that for like 2 months when my cable co messed up my connection. I couldnt play at all during that time. Those two months sucked big time. hehe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So have you done a trace route to see where the problem is ? There are many good trace programs available. Neo trace, ping plotter and many others. I've used them to pinpoint a problem router etc. Not that I can ever get anyone to do anything about it.

The first step is determining where the problem is. besides it can be interesting sometimes to see where your signal goes on it's way to next door.
Whybkuul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-03-07 16:05, blown65 wrote:

I think quite a few ppl are still getting that cl_flushentity error on TV1 still too. I got that for like 2 months when my cable co messed up my connection. I couldnt play at all during that time. Those two months sucked big time. hehe

yeah, i still get that a lot. has there been a solution to this yet? anyone know?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blown

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never used tracrte for munkeys server but I did to find out where TV6 was located. heh. Since munkey is the closest to me I would think that I'd have the best ping, but I guess I should run that and see why its worse then lets say the alabama server.
MunkeyEye
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One sentence. TV3 rocks!! When 4 finally grows up, she wants to be just like 3!! (yeah, the server's a chick)

TV4 is running:
ASUS A7V133 MB
Duron 700 overclocked to ~900
1.5Gb RAM
W2K Server
TFC.

I believe there's a topic somewhere with all the server specs out there. Right now, I think TV6 is the big bad momma among the TV servers.
Blown

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So whats holding ya back Munkey????
Ktulu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played IV last night allot and almost everybody complained about their pings but....
mine was 80, others where 100-120 and one lucky guy had a ping of 20

also this was very iritating, after the map would end we would sit there waiting for over 2 minutes to change to the next map (only 3 of us on the server)
and we could not get crossover2 to run in the rotation or with my admin commands

just throwing more clues in the bowl.
MunkeyEye
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spirit's willing but the wallet's weak.
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ktulu, you're forgetting my ping... I think everytime I connect to a server, I boost everyone elses' ping by about 50 *gag*

Yeah, the guy with a ping of 20... he was probably playing engie, LOL

How often are the servers reset? Rebooting is like the cure-all for computer problems

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blown

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you IM me munkey.
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the trace route is the way to go for a fast answer.
Munkey have you tried running the ping booster that is on TV1 and 2?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: