FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MORE WORNOUT SOAPBOX: A challenge to all of YOU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spanish Warpig

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess ill finaly have to do it. i will reinstall my old modem tomarrow and will return to my old sniper form. I think the ville need to be brougt back togeather i call out to all LB and PWG and BR members to return to the ville and to stay there. i remember when The Ville 1 would be filled with LB guys. The best game i ever played was one with them. i was sniping omega initiative was either engying or spying and we had dread ville throwing up his sgs in just the right places. we started on red and they never came even close to caping point three. There would be constant waves of soldiers rushing us but they could not break our defence. i had something like a 20 to 1 kill/death ratio that game because every one was spy cheaking and watching out for his teamates. Persaonaly i think the ville should return to the origonal 2 servers and move back towards the days when the map rotation on 2 was avanti and warpath, nothing else. In my opinion the ststs should be returned, i know there were many complaints about them at times but in general they increased the level of play at the ville. Im not saying that the skill of ville players isnt great, personaly i havent found any servers where the skill of players is even half that of the ville. I Love the ville cause its the only place that i can go 81 and 1 as a sniper and not get accused of cheating. I also think that NTF should be removed because it takes away Part of the fun of the game, engies can just run in a drop an mg retreat and nexttime a spy runs by they have somthing that is the equivelent of an average HW except that they dont even risk dying themselves. MGs take away the fun of being a spy on most maps, it steals your oppertunity to crusade in the enemies backfeild stabing every one along the way. for the engie it takes away the Joy of upgrading to level three SG just as an HW rounds the corner. the also has robed us of the EMP lobing psycos that risked their lives just to see those soldiers go boom. The ville needs to go back to what it once was we need to see the return of the big clans, some one needs to challeng TVB. I am not a good leader, i have no comitment, hell my clan doesent even exist any more. Find people who used to be regulars, i will return as soon as my modem works well enough get out there, find them all
afum humba

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

easy to fix - bring back stats
OmegaSiN

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, no stats!

And I thing that things are going along fine.

I mean, I did like it when there was only Avanti and Warpath in the rotation ( cause no other servers used to play Avanti very much ) but I like the way things are now as well, it brings some extra fun into my life, playing with you Americans and Canadians, even if my ping is always high

And Hamese.....You were Compaq!!!!

I had a feeling "Compaq was a TVBer, but I thought you were KRG, or maybe even Bak.

Good to see you back Warpig!

-Omega SiN
FragFailure

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afum Humba:

Bad, bad, bad. Wrong attempt, not even close. The stats are what led to a decline in teamwork. Early all us vets still played like a team. Some of the statheads recently were here for personal glory. Go play deathmatch or something. Are you still the best btw?

[ This Message was edited by: FragFailure on 2002-03-06 10:31 ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Whybkuul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-03-06 03:41, afum humba wrote:
easy to fix - bring back stats

man, i just got one thing to say....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Buford Pusser

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MunkeyEye.......You should see me in my leotard!

Robert E. Lee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just relaying the things that are more important than The Ville!

WHAT?? You're kidding right?!? j/k

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MunkeyEye:

I've seen Buford in his leotard and it's not a pretty sight.

But his tutu is quite fetching!

[ This Message was edited by: Cadman on 2002-03-06 10:50 ]
FragFailure

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really I have I life, I do! Let me think...

Bowling, pool, work...well that's about it. Damn computers.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ToRaK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like blown's ideal about the grudge server. I wonder if one night a week we could have a regular's night on tv 4 grudge. I don't know if the server could handle it or even if everyone would like it, but playing a game of avanti with 19 other "regulars"/admins would be incrediable. Maybe like every Friday night or something? Give everyone something to look forward on Friday. (other than no school/no work)

I don't want to see the stats come back, that's what used to keep me from playing here. Since the stats have gone away I've had much more fun on the Ville servers. Go team...

In the game everyone should <R>elax not just TVB memebers. Somedays when I can't get a mg upgrade or your other engy's insist on building their sg on top of yours makes me just want to say screw it. Then I remember to relax. Everybody should try to be more socialable while playing. It'll only make the game more fun.

ToRaK
QuasiModo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only been playing here on a regular basis since the end of December so I dont know what the ville was like in the beginning...It sounded wonderful...but I like the ville right now...you have to take into account the large volume of people coming thru...yes that is going to cause some growing pains but I think the ville is evolving into something more complete...I dont think you will ever get the ville back to the place it was in the beginning...its hard to capture the same exact essence twice...

Its nice to look back and reminisce but you also have to look forward to the future...
MunkeyEye
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, the Grudge server is here for all (regulars/visitors to forums) to enjoy! Shouldn't be a problem making it an Avanti Friday or something. Let's see what Rob thinks about this. With all this peace/love/reconciliation amongst players in the forums, we haven't had much traffic at the Grudge anyways!

C'mon! someone start talking smack! Grudge needs some traffic! j/k

"Never argue with a fool. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you up with experience."

[ This Message was edited by: mymyMunkeyEye on 2002-03-06 12:26 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Blown

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if that works out then I have another idea for ya. Make a vote on the first page of either Fri/Sat/Sunday of when we should have the grudge run a map. That way hopefully it will see the most players.

Another thing I'd like to add is alot of us have IM tags or msn tags. Getting to know more of the regs, by chatting with them maybe just for a few will bring all of us together more. Then when you jump on a server you will start to notice more and more of the ppl you know. I thought I had quite a few contacts in my list but after frag saying he has 150..geez I know some of us are actually busy ppl and this may not work for all, but getting to know eachother better will make this a better place.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
FingerDemon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the mention, Frag. I hope this contest of mine is fun. Whybkuul, don't feel bad about the TVB-H thing. It was a good idea. I know it was, since I had the exact same idea, only with me as the target instead of TVB. The problem that arose from it surprised us both. Don't let it stop you from trying to find new ways to have fun.

I know a lot of people miss some of the old regulars and don't like NEO. But personally, whether I like the changes at TV or not, I like that there ARE changes here. It keeps it fresh in my opinion. I don't have a list of great ideas, but I know I have had some of the most fun on the Ville when it was a custom map night (its always fun when the fighting stops to take group photos) or hanging in the chat room before the Ville cup matches. Instead of locking down a server, maybe just scheduling a time for regulars to be somewhere would make things interesting. Say like tonight at 5:30 central, regulars all go onto TV1, with overflow on TV4. Or 6:30 central, folks hit the chatroom. I know I have never seen anyone else in that chatroom although I looked quite often. Even if something is unofficial, if regulars know about it, it might be fun.

But mostly, I guess I don't see the Ville as being in some drastic decline. If you set your mind to have fun here... you can have fun here. And if you set your mind on being a llama... you are gonna get a visit!

In any case, I am all for efforts to support the Ville and have more fun here. It's what I try to do, and I encourage others to do as well.

Frag on my brothers! Frag... FRAG LIKE THE WIND!!! (Or something more frag-like than the wind...)

<TVB>FingerDemon
Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know FD...
You're right! I really haven't seen much of a decline. I do feel bad that some folks aren't having as much fun, though. I think your new "I got the Finger" idea is hilarious. I'm just never on the server when you are. I miss gamin' with ya, sir.
I don't want the prize or anything... really.

Munkey, I'd challange you to a grudge match, but I don't want my illusion of talent to disappear.

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: