FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Reality Check time guys/gals: SOAPBOX
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FragFailure

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may take awhile

There have been a few posts about The Ville not being the same. They are right, it's not. We are now seven (4 TFC, 1 mulch, and 2 DoD) servers. The community of Avantiville 1 and 2 is no longer. We used to have the same regulars every night on the two servers. Everyone got along and respected each other. With seven servers everyone gets spread out and new players come in. Out are the BR guys and PWG who have gone and opened their own pub servers. In are guys like Mulisha, OSU Snipe, Whybkuul, Vicodin, and Blown who are now regulars on TV1. People who play on the NTF servers (3 and 4) may never had even heard of me. There was a guy on TV1 who on Saturday had never heard of SilverOne. Silver suggested he go check on The Ville's history to find out who he is. The good part is that The Ville has gotten bigger and more variety and players come in. It's also bad because that small community isn't as close as it was before. BR and The Hood have that with one server a piece. The Ville will continue to expand when players wish to run a server.

I'll be honest. I'm tired playing here at times. I think some people are taking this game way too seriously. You wonder why I'll be on The Hood? I don't need to be taken to task if I want fun mode and goof around. God forbid if I do too many admin_speakall "Whiskey is good_I want whiskey" comments. You people that take TFC as competition should go join a league and get whooped by real competitors. They'll make mincemeat out of the best here...even EagleEyes. Some of you people need to get off the high horse and enjoy what yuou do have here. You could always go on a server with no respawn protection and 1337 h4x0rz runining any fun you might have. How about a flag holder taunting everyone? We admins do our best to keep all the servers llama free. We admins also do have lives too.

So I suggest you all get your head out of your asses and start having a good time here. The llamas will be dealt with as they have been...humiliation if I get a hold of em. You people need to take a step back and realize how many people come through each week. How difficult at times it can be to keep each player happy. We try, but we can't always make everyone 100% happy. Now try to stop bitching. Thank you.

Frag
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

There was a guy on TV1 who on Saturday had never heard of SilverOne.

Might that be me? I swear I've heard of him, just never played with him. I've heard of YPAWOM, but only played with him once.
Blown

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well put frag. Actually I frequent all the servers except for DOD cause I really really suck at it and is too damn frustrating for me. heh. BTW, I love the admin_speak all, esp when I'm on your team and you say something to the effect red team is going to get killed by blue. There are some I guess that take things too seriously and I guess I'm guilty of that from time to time. All in all I just try and have fun, if ppl are going to play random, I'll join the fun and do random also. If its going to be a crowbar match then fine lets do it. What does get old is when its the same ppl doing the crowbar fighting every time I see them on. I guess thats when I take it too seriously. Its frustrating when all but two of your teammates are trying to accompish the goal of the game and having two players decide they just wanna go around crowbaring the other team is the same as having two less teammates making the teams uneven IMO. Anyhow, for the most part I love it here and you all do a great job with what you have to do. I think the rest of us need to remember that and try not to make it more difficult than it is.

BTW: We love you admins
We love you too Blown65

hehe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
thewz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why I would never join a clan. I hate them. Tfc is supposed to be fun. When you bring too much competition, it almost becomes a job or something. It sucks away all the fun, of course if you always have fun mode on, I can see how that can get annoying, as some people have more fun when they play a "normal" game of tfc. But hell, with 7 servers now, if you aren't having fun on one just go to another.
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!

I will be the first to admit that I at times take things a bit too seriously. However, every day, I get more laid back about it all. This place is huge! Even with all the thousands of people that drop by here, you can't beat TheVille when it comes to fairness, team play, and variety. All of the regulars here (there are many) are amazing players. Amazing at skill, team play, and attitude. Close nit communities are fun because everyone knows everyone and there is not as much going on. I prefer a larger more diverse community like TheVille. Playing the same game and the same people day in and day out can get old after a while. We are lucky not to have that problem here.

Remember never to take me too seriously. Most of the time, I am just giving you a good ribbing. Like OmegaSiN! I give him a hard time but I actually like the little dood! I will personally make it a point to go as long as I can without posting or replying to anything negative. Let's try and keep this place fun for all who come. On that note, when are we getting a 24/7 Llama server?

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's a well-worn Soapbox you got there!

I like it here. I like the admins, I like the regulars. Seems to me that the Ville is still doin' pretty darned well

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Whybkuul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPEAK IT MY BROTHA! err, i mean, good point man. i for one think it was awesome what you and silver (and gibbon later) were doing! just as i was getting bored with the game you guys spiced it up and made it fun again. i think it's nice to have a change like that every once-in-awhile. IMO the ppl that get uptight about it need to take a break from the GAME. they dont seem to realize it's a GAME and to have FUN.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RF

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen, bro.
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need my parents to buy me more altoids! I'm soo calm when I'm sugar high
JollyRoger1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And i'll be the first to admit that your Sig scares the crap out of me, KRG.

As far as tossing some spices into the mix... what's wrong with that? If everyone, or, even the majority(after all, you can't please everyone), then what's the deal?

It's painfully hard for me to take the game seriously... then again, it's hard for me to take -anything- seriously... But moreover, it blows my mind to see people that complain when someone, i don't know, does a admin_speak all or something. Even low grav, and strange stuff like that is nice everyso often... granted, that constantly can eventually be worn out... but, then again, so can the plain old normal game.

Or something. I don't really know.
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Jolly I commented on his sig some time ago. It isn't a new one . JFYI

Did you say something Frag?
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HIP HIP HOORAY FRAG. I agree.
Here's one for you all. Frag and I had a conversation the other day in a chat about things other than TFC. See there are other things in life.

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jaredmonkey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Variety in styles and choice helps to keep things lively around here. That's why I love having the choice between NTF servers, regular servers, the mulch server, and DoD to choose from. Without the choices and the admins making some games a little interesting with no gravity (played a game of that the other day when Rata stopped by, that was a lot of fun ) and fun mode and all those other features then the ville would just begin to slowly get worn out because it would be the same thing over and over and over and over and over and ov...you get the picture. I will be a villun now and forever because this is indeed one of the greatest servers with the greatest admins (can I cash in on my brownie points yet? )
Ktulu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my quote belongs here too:

Quote:

Yes, Rob eradicated the statwhore virus!
And that definitely changed the atmosphere here at TheVille. I for one miss some of the people who do not play here as much anymore but, team play is at 100% most of the time, nobody is bitchin about statwhores in the forums and it seems like there are less fights in the game too... also the most important thing is the games are much more fun to play now because nobody cares about getting killed, just capping the flag... so almost every match is a good fight.
I like the new Ville, from what i've been told it's just like the old Ville.

Till the end of my days killin i'll be a Villen.

Who is Frag?
DukeNukem
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Frag wrote:
I think some people are taking this game way too seriously. .... We admins also do have lives too.

PREACH IT BROTHER!!

I notice that most of the "bitching" seems to come from a relatively small number of people. Just so you will know most of us that have real lives just don't get that worked up about the piddley little stuff. Geez, just "go with the flow".

The real truth is that I don't even get "wrapped up around the axle" when someone is a llama. I figure that is their problem. I try to do my best to help the team (and die as often as I can). [Did I say that outloud?]

I think that the majority of us "Laid Backers" rarely ever comment about such things, so it seems like "everyone" is complaining when in reality it is just a vociferous minority.

Frag -- Go have some fun and let the whinners whine.

=US-])uke]\[ukem-V=
I STINK, therefore I SPAM!
[doctored Descartes]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: