FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FingerDemon MUST DIE!!!!!!! .... for you to win the prize.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FingerDemon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sponsoring a contest, with Rob's permission, and the winner will get a free item from the Ville store.

The idea is simple. Kill FingerDemon. Kill me as many times during the week of the contest as you can. It is kind of like a game of "smear the queer" when you were in school. Although, in today's politically correct schools it's called "smear the individual with the alternative, albeit perfectly valid, lifestyle". The person with the best kill/death ratio against me at the end of the week is declared the winner. In the case of a tie, the player with the most flag caps will win. If that's tied, then the most sg kills. If that's tied.... well, you'll just have to mulch it out or something, cause there is only ONE prize!

I will purchase the item of the winner's choice from the Ville store and have it shipped to whatever mailing address they give me. Due to shipping costs, I am praying that neither Greebo (Scotland) nor Omega-Initiative (Australia) win the contest. Nothing personal, guys.

When I looked, the most expensive thing in the store was $22 and change. If the winner chooses something more expensive than that, I must agree to it first.

When I thought of this, I was a little concerned that this contest could affect teamplay. Then the TVB Hunt really made me concerned. So, I have decided that I will play incognito. This takes a little fun out of it, since you can't look for me directly. But just kill, cap and destroy as usual and you will be bound to kill me some of the time. A big part of this contest for me was, I don't want the admins or Rob to be bothered being referrees or anything. And I didn't want it to screw up gameplay for others who want no part of this contest. Only the stats will matter, unless I disqualify someone for doing something stupid. This weekend, I might change my name back to FingerDemon to give people a shot at me. Please don't violate theVille Rule #1 and find some way of ruining this contest. It is meant to be harmless fun that supports the Ville.

I can only try to play as regularly, during the week of the contest, as my pesky real life schedule permits. The contest will start on Monday morning 8:00AM central March 4, 2002. It will end officially March 10, 2002 11:59PM central, but in reality it ends whenever my wife makes me log off for the last time that week before the deadline. (If Rob resets the stats, which he might, then obviously its from then on til March 10.)

So in a few weeks someone will be wearing a trophy "Ooorgle" bucket hat, or sipping from a large Ville mug... will it be you? Do you have what it takes to kill FingerDemon? Well, sure I guess most of you have what it takes to kill me. But do you have what it takes to kill me MORE than everyone else?!?!?

We shall see.

The winner does have the right to pass on the gift and let the next person in line get it. If I have not heard from the winner in a week's time, they will forfeit and the prize will go to the next in line. If you have your own credit card (and it isn't maxed out hehe) you might consider letting the next person have it.

I want to thank Rob, for having these great servers, forums and community, as well as letting me have this contest.

So, sharpen your knives, clean your sniper rifles, and degauss your teslas, and let the killing commence!

<TVB>FingerDemon

P.S. It goes without saying that anyone who respawn camps me for extra kills is disqualified from the contest and will be reported for violating theVille rule #1.
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best KTD ratio? Is 4-1 (4:1) better than 27-9 (3:1)?

It's smart to go incognito, keeps the headhunters confused

Have fun getting fragged
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about how many times your struck down by the admin? I can admin slay entire teams for the entire night if thats what it will take to win.

JD
FingerDemon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BitterBeerFace,

Actually, I am using the stats to determine the winner. What I will do is this. I will pull up my own stats and select the kill list. Then I will select the Kill/Death ratio column. The person or persons at the bottom of that list are winning. If there are more than one with the same ratio, I will look to their stats for total flag caps and total sg kills. I hope that makes sense. I tried this out and I usually can determine a single winner. But then, not everybody was gunning for me then.

<TVB>FingerDemon
Goldom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait... if your incognito, how do we know who to kill? (confused I am.)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh u have to understand this, finger isnt having this try to be like the tvbh, so hes gonna nick hide, (if im right) so noone AIMS for him, they will play normal and kill/die.. whatever occurs.. as finger will be honest at the end and show stats what nick he was using... ect.. so u wont ever know
FingerDemon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty much it DarkW. I was going to have it in the open with my regular name. But just like Whybkuul found out, despite the best intentions, this doesn't always have the desired outcome. I still wanted to have the contest, so I am hiding my name. There are no stats on the Grudge Server and I didn't want to keep track manually.

Sorry, if it seems lame. If anyone has better ideas about contests that don't require referees or taking over a server, don't disrupt regular gameplay and result in one winner, I'd love to hear it. Not that I have the cash to be doing this on a regular basis, but after thinking about this for a while, I'm curious what other ideas folks might have.

Roof had an idea about giving my opinion about who I thought best exemplified theVille character. But I'm not very good at judging subjective contests. The objectivity of the stats appeal to me. We don't want any double gold medals awarded like to those whining Canadians...

J/K They deserved it. I'm just looking to stir up trouble with JD and the other Great White Northerners. But then with the name change who are you gonna visit, JD?

<TVB>FingerDemon
Goldom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just make sure you tell me what your name is at the end so I can put you on my muder collage ^_~ jk lol
KillerRoofcutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmm...... Gotta go sharpen that ole kinfe get my ole aim back up and clean out the dust up my ole Finger Demon Hunting Assualt Cannon! And buy those rockets for that ole rocket laucher. Hmmmmmmmm.... What else Oh Yes I need to get back into that ole Soldier Never Die Suit!

PICKACHU GOT OWNED!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ToRaK

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FingerDemon,

What classes do you play most often? What server do you find yourself frequenting most often? Just a bit of innocent curiorsity...

ToRaK

thewz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-03-04 18:18, KillerRoofcutter wrote:
Mmmmm...... Gotta go sharpen that ole kinfe get my ole aim back up and clean out the dust up my ole Finger Demon Hunting Assualt Cannon! And buy those rockets for that ole rocket laucher. Hmmmmmmmm.... What else Oh Yes I need to get back into that ole Soldier Never Die Suit!

AHHH STOP SAYING OLE! I'd be glad to join the ranks of the ville tfc servers again to smear the walls with fingerdemon's blood. Count me in!
FingerDemon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I do have a lot of class, thanks. I've been going Random a bit lately...
QuasiModo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incognito huh?...I guess I am just going to have to break open a gallon of WHIPASS and kill everone...Rob may have to turn friendly fire on cause you could be hiding on my on team...

I can do this because I am a legend in my on mind...lol
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That team slay seems like the ticket to score. Hey Jd lets take turns from both sides so we are sure to get him!
OmegaSiN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FD - this is a great idea!!

And I'm gonna win

And as someone has already said...what server do you usually play on??

-Omega SiN
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: