FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ok, i need help

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sSdD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i was tryin to change my profile.... and i've always had my Hotmail email address...but now that u've chaged it all, i can't do it...it says i have to have one of htos valid ISP addresses?? i have AOL, but i don't use the email service, i blocked it.. so what? i thought that u said that htis owuldn't effect the members that were alreayd registered...now i cna't change my profile...some words of wisdom please
ToRaK

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing happened to me. It's the new policies that Rob put into effect to deal with the board spam problems. To change it you'll have to get a "payed" (non major freemail ie hotmail, yahoo...think!) account to change your details. You could just unblock your aol, get the new password out of your mailbox, and be in business. You could then probably go back and block AOL mail. Or just kill AOL...lol, I can't stand AOL. Hope that helps.

ToRaK
sSdD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok that's a good idea ToRaK.... well i might do that..or i'll just put my dad's AOL email adress in it and get it from there..... will it only send me an email once?? and no other time?? b/c my dad would get mad at me if he found all that stuff...he hates gettin junk mails..so i will probably try that....does it just send you a new password?? idk, i'll try it when i'm sure...
ToRaK

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure because I'm not a server admin. I'll test it out here in a little while and have you an answer by tomorrow unless someone that knows the system would kindly tell us exactly how the new forum system works. I suspect it'll be one e-mail, but I'm not sure, yet.

ToRaK
sSdD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah can like an admin help me out here?? o ya, torak, u check out the site yet??
ToRaK

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I've found out. The only time an e-mail is sent is when you change your email address. When you change your email address your password is also reset. When you change your sig, though, nothing is reset or emailed. At least that's the way it worked for me.

Oh, I checked out your site and sent you an email.

ToRaK

sSdD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o ok, thanx man, i will try......i'll also check my mail...thanx a lot
sSdD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what the heyk...now i can't change my email adress??? what is goin on???? am i doin sumtin wrong...i click on my email adress box so i can change it, it pops up some make sure the email adress is correct b/c new password will be sent...i click o...and then when i try and change it i can't, it just always repeats that same message and won't let me change it....any ideas??
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: