FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
complaint about my name and stuff

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigCaulk69

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok this is directed to whoever it concerns. just now i had some problems on TV I when I was playing against Blue Ruler and Apache Eyes.

First I wanted I wanted to apologize to Blue Ruler because I didnt realize I was shooting into yalls spawn. I've had a few pints of beer tonight and I was very slow to realize that I was. I felt stupid about it once I did realize it, since I have been playing here for a long while.

Second, is the complaint that Apache said he posted about my name. I think I've been playing here for close to a year and this is the 1st complaint I've had to change my name. I like my name. It makes it easy for me to see when I kill someone in game, plus I think its original and amusing. About this issue I will say that it probably wasn't helpful when I changed my name from "3===[JJJJ=====D" to
"3===[JJJJ=====D~~~~~ ( . Y . )". I did it because I was irritated that he was wanting me to change my name since it has been this way for so long, and also the beer in my system didn't help calm me down either so it helped me decide that it would be a better idea to provoke him. With that being said I will say that what I did wasn't right, and I should apologize for it, but I don't feel like it cuz I am still drunk and mad about this dumb issue. All I wanted to do was wind down and play a couple rounds of TFC and goto bed and I end up getting complaints about my name....ok anyhow ::deep breath:: but then after that i did change my named to "Puritan Christian" and then "Not a happy camper" and finally back to "3===[JJJJ=====D"

most of yall know that i am a good team player and i dont walk around insulting people or act condescending or whatever. i dont see what the big deal is about a pictographic name. is it different because it is a picture. i think i asked apache he what he would think he my name was just "jackoff" and i don't think he disagreed with it as much. geez they mean the same freaking thing. hell people actually understand "jackoff" some people don't even figure out my name until I tell them, so does that mean that one is more explicit than the other? I have no clue and I am in no state to argue this crap now. I just wanted to say something about it now before I pass out for the night. Cya
Robbie

BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, beer is a reason, not a very good one, but it was an accident, I think that's obvious.

The name... personally, I think words are more offensive than creative character strings. "Jerkoff" is worse than 3======JJJJ====D~ or whatever it is... differing levels of offensiveness, really.

I don't think the creative characters are worthy of a name-change.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apology accepted

Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, perhaps I am of Native American descent, and Apache Eyes' name is offensive to me!?!

I'm not, but I see more offense in something like that than in yours.

There was someone on, the other night, named 'niggakilla'. My gf is black, and I took real offense to it. Meat Juice was on, and just as I was gonna ask if he was able to boot him, he left, so nothing ever came of it.

I don't see taking offense at a reference to something everyone does (whether you admit it or not), but I do at someone whose name displays open bigotry or bias.

[ This Message was edited by: sharkbyte on 2002-03-02 15:50 ]
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI Sharkbyte...ApacheEyes' wife is Apache and has beautiful eyes. So I can't see how the names are comparable.
sharkbyte
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But his name doesn't say that. Now, if I commented on it, and he explained it - as you just did - then I would have no problem with it.

I am just saying that if it is out there, and I had been Native American, I might initially take issue with the name.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am occasionally asked about my name, and I tell them the same thing. No one has actually told me that my name is offensive, if they do I will consider their argument and make a change if I (and others) think that they are right.

As I've said in multiple posts, I have mp'd him about last night. As far as I am concerned the incident is over, go play.

Ap.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: