FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MGs

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DreadVile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I still can't use one. Is it better to play a D game as a MGer or no? also do you have to deploy to use it with any results? Any tips at all on the MG. Thnx

Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was confused at first until I realized you were talking about DoD. To deploy a mg your run to a spot which looks like it can support it. A little white icon should appear in the bottom left corner of the screen resembling a MGer. Right click and you will set up the mg. If you just want to set up on the ground use Q or your prone button. Your accuracy will be great and can practically kill anyone you see. You can run around and shoot but the accuracy is horrible. As a MGer you should always be on defense. Try to find a good spot which will help your team advance and protect them from oncoming enemies.

[ This Message was edited by: Chen Kenichi on 2002-02-24 22:20 ]
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suggestion is find a spot that overlooks a well traveled area. Go Prone and deploy. If you get very low on ammo (less than 20 rounds usually) when there is a lull in movement reload even if you aren't empty. Ask people to drop MG ammo by you. I think the default key is H. You have to be deployed to reload so if there is a lot of activity where you are, move to cover deploy and then reload. When you are moving up, crouch when shooting undeployed to get a bit better aim or drop prone if you have the time.

I found a couple nice spots that cover a bottleneck and I could hold a lot longer except I keep running out of ammo and no one seems to know how to toss their MG ammo. This is very important since everyone is carrying 1 MG ammo tin just for this reason. Although I usually find some nice NME that is happy to send me back for a full reload everytime I run out.
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have to shoot your MG when it is not deployed try using only three to four round bursts or you won't be able to hit anything at all.Also try to hang back far enough that a grenade won't kill you when you are deployed.The MG has a very long effectve range and small bursts can totally seal of an small area.A sniper or any other class but a submachine gunner can cover a larger area and basically totally dominate and hardly die

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kazebari?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am AWESOME with the MG. Don't stick to one place for a while, try to move into different variations of one spot. I absolutely OWNED on caen2 once....went like 14+ kills without dying. In the end it was the suicide that killed me. Gah.

But still, I'm very good with the Mg undeployed. Try to travel in small, narrow corridors where, upon meeting an enemy, you can crouch and spray. That always works for me.

BTW: MG42 is da best Machine Gun
KillerRoofcutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a hint if you just saw an enemy duck behind a small bit of wall your MG can shot right thrugh that wall and blast the little guy to bits. I got shot throuh 2 wall from a MGER!

It takes 54 muscles to turn your head but by the time you have turned your dead from a certain person and his loyal SG and MG.

[ This Message was edited by: KillerRoofcutter on 2002-02-25 22:02 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One important tip. . . You do not have to be prone to deploy. You can walk up to any ledge, rock, etc, and delpoy "the legs". It makes it easier to just run up and get deployed while not having to get down and get up over and over.

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
Buford Pusser

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can go offensive too. It can be hard to accomplish, but if you can make it into enemy territory, you can go prone and deploy the tripod (legs thingy) and cover an enemy flag at 1 or 2. It makes for some really big kill streaks. This will give the opposing team fits as they respawn and go running along as if they were safe to 3 or so. Good cover will help to keep the other team figuring out your location. Hope this helps.

Wait a minute.... I just realized that it was Dreadville needing help with the MG play! Dang Dread, why am I giving you anything to help you get better!

[ This Message was edited by: Buford Pusser on 2002-02-25 22:23 ]
DreadVile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't help me get beter I have just been lucky thats all. I noticed it takes about 1 or to hits to kill someone with a MG deployed. I may have to just take a day and play nothing but MG class. Thnx for the Help guys.

ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hit and move is important if your going to live very long. Dont waste ammo, they can see where it is coming from. I like the 2 3 round burst to kill, then wait for next target. Since most travel in groups I try to give them a chance to all get in the open. The part about moving cannot be stressed enough. even if its only to the other side of the room. or opening.

Does anyone else play random as the default chosen class? I really love getting the whole spectrum of weapons as the game progress.

One other thing. I hope some others have this problem! Some times no matter what you do you seem to get killed one two three. stray gernades getting sniped plus plus until your like 0 and 5, please tell me Im not the only one

Dread what Ive seen of your play is your pretty good at it! and eagleeyes gets me on the snap shot

DOD rocks
(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I havent touched TFC since DOD was put on 2, Dread is pretty darn good, we were playing 1:1 on caen2 last night for about 20 minutes before anyone else showed up and he was whooping up on me, I think we need a larger map rotation tho, but all in all im not complaining im having too much fun.

bman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think there r any other maps yet but i dont like the MG. it overheats and gives away your position. its not enough action. same with sniper its mostly hanging around and i end up shooting teamates for fun and it gives away my position and then people walk up behind me and knife/spade/bayonet me.
p.s. i dont ff on the ville
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: