FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I've had it up to here!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OSU Snipe Shocker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay guys, tonight, while trying to watch a DVD on my jacked up piece of sh*t computer, I reached a breaking point. I gave windows 2000 a fighting chance, I looked the other way when things weren't working right, I tried everything I knew how to do to try and fix things, but I have had it up to here *makes hand motion*.

And so, since I cannot use my computer for the two things it was intended to do, Watch movies and play video games, I am getting rid of it.

Beginning tomorrow at approximately 3PM, I will be doing a clean install of Windows XP, and, depending on how smoothly things go, I MIGHT be back on the ville by tomorrow night. If not, I will be back shortly, come hell or high water.

I am so sick of my computer at this point, I wish the screens in our windows weren't bolted in, otherwise my computer a shattered pile of rubble in our parking lot.

Ah well...See you all soon...

ps-what happened with the movie-I was trying to watch Ghost World on DVD, and it would play for approximately 3-4 seconds, and the picture would freeze. I could seek throughout the movie, and the same thing would repeat itself...f*cking computer!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should use XP Pro, or Win2k Pro. If you've been having the same problem alot, the problem is probably your hardware. Check to see if you have a bad stick of RAM and that everything is compatible with eachother, and that all updated drivers are installed. If it is a hardware problem reinstalling windows won't help one bit.

Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who know how Snipe Shocker feels

Person1

Person2

YourPowersAreWeakOldMan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen the first one before, It's staged, look how far back the monitor is on the top of the computer, and he's smiling when he turns toward the camera for a second. I know if I slapped my monitor with my keyboard, my keyboard would snap in half.

I'm sure if SnipeShocker treats his computer like that though that it'd shape up fast and give him no more problems if it knew what was good for it!

ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funny thing is expecting Xp to run right out of the box. Good luck.
MuLiShA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got XP, worked right away and have had no problems.
OSU Snipe Shocker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, notice the word "MIGHT" I have no false hopes of XP working right away. But I do have hope that I can get it working after a bit

Hopefully all will be well.

Oh, and YPAWOM, all of my stuff worked fine when I was running win98 SE from sep 2000 until Jan 7 2002. I put 2k Pro on cuz I thought it would be more stable and more reliable than 98.

F*ckin computers, I tell ya

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
OmegaSiN

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!

Person 1 is the best!!!!!!

LOL!!!!!

-Omega SiN
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: