FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Oilers have finished off the Ducks, woot !!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: The Oilers have finished off the Ducks, woot !!! Reply with quote

Well, looks like Edmonton is in the Cup Finals for the first time since 1990!

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EEEYYYYEAAAHHHHHH GO EDMONTON!!!!
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats...will be watching!!

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
s.Squirrel
The Nut Stalker

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Tulsa oilers

FragFailure

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

34/1 to win the cup.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a ratings perspective an Edmenton/Carolina finals will be a disaster for the league. An Edmenton/Buffalo is only a little better. The league desperately needed the Ducks in the finals this year to draw in the big ratings.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Nanite wrote:
The league desperately needed the Ducks in the finals this year to draw in the big ratings.

Blasphemy......the league will continue to flourish with the new rules....just think of it as Canada (the country that invented the game) vs. the U.S. (of which either teams best players are Canadian).......
DarkTemplar316

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An Edmonton-Buffalo final would be great. Hopefully buffalo will come back and take the series from the canes, because the canes are a disgrace. Anytime someone gets remotely close to a player on the canes they drop to the ice like they were just shot. And with the "new" nhl they are rewarded for diving. and they are also allowed to crash into the goalie as much as they want and have nothing called. but thats only a minor detail, because the diving makes the games unwatchable. i hate watching a team fight hard and tough it out, push through a hook or a hold, and then have someone on the canes drop to the ice when someone skates by them too quickly. its maddening that they are still getting away with it. *end useless rant*
Malanthros

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edmonton ftw! I print out the Proline game results everyday at work from the lottery machine, and thats how I inform myself of our wonderful victories. I don't watch tv, lol.

Thank you Loka for helping me realize my dream of having a Sig.
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying the Oilers aren't playing the best, they are and probably will take the cup in 5. But down here the NHL stupidly signed a deal with OLN instead of ESPN and lost many many ratings this season. I can't even find the channel on my cable system, so the only games I watched this season were the devils and rangers because they are on our local sports network in the city. With the Ducks in the finals they would have had a team from the second largest market down here. I'm simply saying the league needed the exposure down here. It's an awesome game and one I've played and loved forever. But the bottom line it is a business and this cup final hurts the business a little.
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah....edmonton is taking the cup baby!!!!
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Nanite wrote:
I'm not saying the Oilers aren't playing the best, they are and probably will take the cup in 5. But down here the NHL stupidly signed a deal with OLN instead of ESPN and lost many many ratings this season. I can't even find the channel on my cable system, so the only games I watched this season were the devils and rangers because they are on our local sports network in the city. With the Ducks in the finals they would have had a team from the second largest market down here. I'm simply saying the league needed the exposure down here. It's an awesome game and one I've played and loved forever. But the bottom line it is a business and this cup final hurts the business a little.

Needs DirecTV
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simpleman wrote:
The Nanite wrote:

Needs DirecTV

Can't mount satellite dishes on apartment buildings in Manhattan. I miss having Center Ice.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Nanite wrote:
Simpleman wrote:
The Nanite wrote:

Needs DirecTV

Can't mount satellite dishes on apartment buildings in Manhattan. I miss having Center Ice.

Hehe actually there's a law in the US and they can't stop ya....lol I know what you mean though . I was a installer for many years and they will stop ya one way or another, but by law they cannot tell ya you can't have one
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: