FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
is it even worth anything to cap?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigCaulk69

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am convinced that the "skill bonus" given for capping a point is nonexistent. cuz when i check my skill before and after a cap it doesnt change...am i wrong? just curious about that...
Robbie

anthrex

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont worry about getting a higher score or not. u dont wanna be just about stats. also helping cap a flag is helpful for the team ur playing on. remeber having fun and helping ur teammates is whats important in playin tfc
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No not really. but you have to ask yourself what you like to do. If stats are more important to you than capping, than staying alive and your kill count will be what you need to go after.
(Now don't yell at me you guys who can do both )
If capping the flag and charging into the face of overwhelming odds and team sacrafice just to cap is what you like (memememeeme) than you'll have to sacrafice high stats.
The good news here is there is a board that is called daily awards. For this kind of person this is your best friend. Try picking a catagory there and excelling at that. Plus thats where cap tallys are kept.
So it all boils down to what you end up liking and until then you have the benifit of changing your mind every week and playing against some of the most gifted players around. see you in game bigcaulk69

BigCaulk69

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i play how i play...i generally cap the flag when i can. i dont run in screaming like an idiot to cap the flag. if my team sucks on offense you'll probably see me trying to take out SGs at CP3 as a spy...which doesnt count toward stats. and i do cap the flag a lot...you can see my stats if you like. but i am just curious why it says that a "skill bonus" is given when none really is.
Robbie

BigCaulk69

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so...is it actually worth anything? or is the skill bonus actually non-existent. i feel like i can never get an answer to this question.

ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the formula that is used. Then it says skill points are given for capping etc.
These are seperate from your skill level and are kept in the daily award area. these are called player rewards and team rewards. No team rewards are listed for the games on the Ville servers.

Killer Skill = Killer Skill + (Victim Skill / Killer Skill)
× Weapon Modifier × 5

Victim Skill = Victim Skill - (Victim Skill / Killer Skill)
× Weapon Modifier × 5

The good news is when a great player whacks you It won't hurt your stats as much as that Llama who gets lucky will. And one way to climb in stats quicker is pick out the high scorers and hunt them down (like the dogs they are and get them... good luck... still bleeding and walking with a limp.
A good alternative to the stats board is the player of the day board. You can pick a catagory and try to excell at that. You can focus yourself and see results quicker.
Than in time and if you have the apptitude for it the top 5 is just around the cornor. Yeah right LOL
The best and most enjoyable thing for me is sg busting and capping so I just play and don't give the stats hardly a thought. (Yeah I know cause I suck)
GOOD LUCK

[ This Message was edited by: ROOFCUTTER on 2001-09-23 21:48 ]
BigCaulk69

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the help roofcutter, but thats still not what i am looking for...i know the forumla that is used to calculate the skill rise and decline when you kill someone or when you die...but i guess i am looking for someone just to tell me what the supposed skill "bonus" for capping is. because i don't see it affecting my skill points. i just want to know if it really exists or not.
Robbie

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: