FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A side note to a post I saw in Tip Section

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoaxie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am posting this here instead of in the thread that got me going in the first place (JD's Tip Section under How to get more points) because I want to ensure that the people who fit into what I am saying actually get to see it and because it is a bit off topic. I don't want it buried at the bottom of a dead thread.

Just because Omega was doing it, doesn't make it right. (*Supposedly*, Omega was respawn camping.)

It is so funny to me that I read the forums and often find that people such as Omega (providing of course that the accusation is true), who have no problem reporting Llama behavior, equally have no problem engaging in it if they think no one is looking. Another example of this hypocricy is that WhyB feels compelled to run around espousing Server Rules (which he was doing in the other thread), yet when he thinks no one is watching in a game he is using "f@#k" and calling people names more than just about anyone I have seen.

What is that saying about people who live in glass houses?

Now the hypocrisy in and of itself doesn't trouble me as much as this...

When you are in a game or in the forums and people begin to identify you as someone who *represents* The Ville, you take on a cetain amount of responsibility whether you realize it or not. That responsibility requires that you uphold and maintain the standards of The Ville, regardless of who is watching. Because after all, if you engage in Llama activity when new people come around and you think no one is watching, you are in a sense promoting Llama behavior, and in a sense you have only yourself to blame when The Ville begins to attract and/or produce Llamas.

(Graciously steps down from soapbox.)

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JollyRoger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*gets ready to add... Then doesn't*

What she said. I'm to lazy to add more right about now.

The ladies man,
JollyRoger.
Computer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the point I was trying to make. It doesn't make it ok that he was doing it, and he was, I was there. But it does look bad and people remember when they go to a server which ones are llama infested and allow such behavior to occur, I realize that not all of it can be stopped you can't have an admin on full time, but when people you see on the boards and think would know better than to engage in such are out there respawn camping and cussing then it looks bad, real bad, not to mention hypocritical.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
OmegaSiN

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Hoax!

You don't really believe that fool, do you?

If you read my post in JD's tip section on getting more points or whatever, then you'll see that I have only done it once by accident.

-Omega SiN
JollyRoger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You don't really believe that fool, do you?

Sin, chill out, please? This kinda thing is what flares the fights up, so, please refrain from doing such. If you must, take it to PMs.

The ladies man,
JollyRoger.
OmegaSiN

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if he accuses me of doing something I didn't do, I'm gonna be pissed off!

It would be a different story if he was telling the truth!

-Omega SiN
JollyRoger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's besides the point. You still shouldn't call someone a fool with out everyone getting the story straightened out.

Correction: Even then you shouldn't. Perhaps letting them know you didn't do so, and talking with them about it would help?

Sheesh, i feel like the local Ville Anger management consuler now.

The ladies man,
JollyRoger.

[ This Message was edited by: JollyRoger on 2002-02-24 01:17 ]
MuLiShA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and hoax, Whyb always says that when admins ARE around, he doesnt say it seriously. This witchhunt needs to stop, its getting out of hand.

[ This Message was edited by: MuLiShA on 2002-02-24 02:42 ]
OmegaSiN

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah......

-Omega SiN
hoaxie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL

It wasn't meant as a witch hunt. It was merely an observation. And truly, no matter when it is done, it goes against server rules. I really don't want this to become a debate, I stated only facts as I knew them to be true and voiced my opinion. And the beautiful things about opinions are that they are neither right nor wrong, they are just opinions.

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Computer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look I AM NOT A LIAR I have no reason to lie, what the hell do I have to gain by posing something on here that is untrue???

look I understand you dont want to look bad on here by someone pointing out something you did, but well I was there I saw it and that's that.

I'm not accusing you of perpetual offense I don't want you banned. I just was pointing out what I saw and how bad it makes the server look when people who are supposed to be regular engage in such behavior.

As for being called a fool... eh. I'm not here to fight, I'll leave it alone

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
OmegaSiN

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I'm not here to fight, I'll leave it alone.

Fine, me too!

-Omega SiN
Computer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can't other's (you know who they are)
learn from this splendid example of maturity I'm very happy to see this didn't escalate into anything. No harsh feelings, frag-on!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: