FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
mike spamming
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crazyhorse(AKA triclops)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: mike spamming Reply with quote

I heard something last night from Bleeding Tomato while playing on Vlll.
Tomato if your going to get on someone for mike spamming then don't do it your self. After you got onto Mal you and simpleman started on about computers now that to me isn't right.
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love some of the chat that goes on especially from Mal and Ellroy...these guys make gaming on TheVille so much better.

There's nothing worse than playing on a silent server - you might as well play with bots!

So keep the chat going - so much more fun.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
s.Squirrel
The Nut Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking is good I enjoy most of it But sometimes it does get out of hand. Just remember whats fun to you may be annoying to someone else.

LJ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People like Mal and Ellroy talk a lot. They're regulars and I don't really see it as mic spamming. It's fun. One day Mal got muted for talking just being normal Mal. Thought that was unclassy

I don't think admins should be so brute force with dealing with regulars like that. They're your regulars. Show them a little respect. Ask them to keep it down first. Not just showing your power by outright muting.
Tickles

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.. some get muted by a certain admins because they can.. it's sad.. let them talk.. it's what the mic is for.. don't like it, they have a mute function for that purpose.
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we do warn first if it's getting out of hand. If they don't want to listen to the warnings it's easier to mute them to let them know on the next map to tone it down a bit instead of kicking them. I was there the night that Mal was muted and in the left hand and center were atleast 10 csay's saying stop the mic spam. Alot of people like to communicate locations and warn people and when the voice channel is flooded with mic spam about beer the whole time it gets frustrating at times.

You have to remember these are family servers ( AKA why swearing isn't allowed ) and talking about drinking all ther time is not the best topic either. I know my son has a real problem with drinking do to some things that have happened in the past. Which don't need to be brought up here though. I myself am a non drinker and sometimes it makes me feel as the server is a place to promote drinking.

A comment here and there I don't mind, but when everynight they come in and say I'm so drunk 50 times it gets a bit tiresome. We try to keep the servers as fun and care free as we can. Sometimes we have to be a but harsh to get are point accross if someone don't want to listen.
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tickles wrote:
Yeah.. some get muted by a certain admins because they can.. it's sad.. let them talk.. it's what the mic is for.. don't like it, they have a mute function for that purpose.

Admins can't mute players.
Malanthros

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simpleman, I believe they can, as I was muted. I could not use voice of type chat. And I'll keep the drinking comments down. I have been better lately, using only MMM beer comments, I havent actually been drunk in quite some time. But i'll tone it down either way.

Thank you Loka for helping me realize my dream of having a Sig.
FUSE
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i have a question about the muting, sometimes when there's a really annoying player on the server i want to mute them and when I go to my player's list they're not there. like my players list will only have a handful of players to choose from when the whole server is full......anyone else have this problem? is there a command i could type in console to mute someone because if there's an annoying person on the server and their tag doesnt show up in my players list it gets even more annoying d'oh!

FUSE.TVR -V$-
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess if you want to talk a lot, pay very close attention to the text on your screen. After playing for so long, I tend to not notice any of the csay's and stuff. Maybe the admins could make a new rule that they have to slap or kick the player or something to get their attention. I know that would have gotten my attention.

I hope the server ops cleaned up the language in the messages from the "EvilAdmin" plugin...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malanthros wrote:
Simpleman, I believe they can, as I was muted. I could not use voice of type chat. And I'll keep the drinking comments down. I have been better lately, using only MMM beer comments, I havent actually been drunk in quite some time. But i'll tone it down either way.

I was saying we can not mute people as in go into players list and mute them like you can. Yes we can mute people. . Confused yet....lol
crazyhorse(AKA triclops)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: spamming Reply with quote

The point I was trying to make was if your going tell someone not to then don't turn around and do it yourself. S Squirrel said it right.
Bleeding Tomato
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: mike spamming Reply with quote

crazyhorse(AKA triclops) wrote:
I heard something last night from Bleeding Tomato while playing on Vlll.
Tomato if your going to get on someone for mike spamming then don't do it your self. After you got onto Mal you and simpleman started on about computers now that to me isn't right.

I don't remember talking much to simple after mal left but maybe we did. I guess we had plenty of time to chat since we couldn't get out of the doors thanks to Triclops. Oh yea when did we get a VIII server? Must be new

Malanthros

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, not confused Simpleman, I understand.

I like Stevo's idea of being slapped. Not kicked, cuz if its a full server you have to wait a long time to get back in. Slap then a "Stop Mic Spamming" tell, or whatever.

And I also want an answer to FUSE's question, can we mute people with a command?

Thank you Loka for helping me realize my dream of having a Sig.
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malanthros wrote:

Thank you for your response Mal. I know all the admins appreciate it.

Here are some special....
Juat for you
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: