FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Canada pushing for 25 medals

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SwEeTLuScIouSGaNjA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Canada pushing for 25 medals Reply with quote

For all my fellow canadians apart of the ville and for all villuns really. I have created this thread to keep up with our standings at torino and the games altogether. With a 4 medal performance yesterday and a 3 medal run so far today, Canada currently stands tied in 2nd place for the medal standings with the U.S. right behind.The Canadian Olympic team announced before torino that they would be pushing for 25 medals this time around. Even though that is a huge goal, its still not out of grasp, with another 3 medals pretty much ours in speed skating, then another 2 with hockey, It makes the goal that much more realistic even with a slow start we had, The events in the upcoming days, will be important as canada seems to be medal favorites for most of them. As a professional athlete myself, I know some of our olympians and am around that atmosphere somewhat, the talks between the whole Canadian team seems to be storng for the ultimate goal of 25 medals this year. Realisticaly if we hit 20-25 thats a great enough accomplishment.

Feel free to post your countries standings and events or help keep those who are interested uptodate.

-GaNjA

Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love
-Lao Tzu-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Tickles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Women's Team is about to beat Finland to advance to the Gold Medal game Monday against Sweden.. it's 4 - 0 for Canada heading into the 3rd period.
OpTlk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go North America!! the only thing thats gonna prevent canada from that medal goal is the US!

props to the canadian womens hockey team...they've outscored thier opponents 42-1 in 4 games.

http://www.myspace.com/pvallone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think Canada could have gotten 25 medals, but then other teams started to compete

I think the Canadian Olympic Committee was pretty optimisitc with their guess, I would be happy if we could equal what we got in Salt Lake which if I recall was 17.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olympic committee probably trying to build us all up for Vancouver in 2010!!

How many medals will we be expected to get then... 90?

Good luck to all our wonderful athletes despite some of the media who are doing their best to knock 'em down... (did you see that dumb report on Global about the poor sportsmanship of the women's hockey team for scoring way too much on the opposition...?)

GO CANADA! WE RULE, EH?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SwEeTLuScIouSGaNjA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quote Gillian Apps, (Canadian womens hockey player), Your only here once every 4 years. Why hold back?, and then risk having regrets.

You go girl!

Updates: As of Feb/17

Canada took gold and silver in mens skeleton.

The swedish stunned the U.S. in womens hockey

Canada plays sweden for the gold in womens hockey on monday after a 6-0 win on friday

Canada lost to japan 5-2 in womens Curling

Theres so much, but ill update as events happen.

-GaNjA

Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love
-Lao Tzu-
SwEeTLuScIouSGaNjA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just putting this back at the top.

Oh ya mens hockey team lost 2-0 today to the swiss.

-GaNjA

-Lao Tzu-
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: