FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Versatility vs. Specializing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacoughski

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-02-21 14:43, Bakuryu wrote:
I enjoy being specialized in all of the classes

And people thought I had a big ego...

Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoax, well said. Everyone is that way to noobs at some point. I think what bothers most is when your moron noob won't even listen to advice. "Let me play my way" they say. So you just have to let them build they're mg's and sg's in your respawn!

Some people just can't resist disagreeing with others. I get it all the time so I am used to it. I replied for one reason only. To help because help was asked for. Whether my advice is the same as others would give is beside the point. Whether you take my advice, CyCoDad's advice, or any others for that matter, neither will help you at all without two basic things. Hand-eye-coordination and team work.

BitterBeerFace, I hope you can get something out of all this mess. It is hard to get advice in the forums while reading through all the "I dont think so" and "that's not how it is" comments in between. All of this info is quite usefull but really, I guess the best way to learn what to do. . . is to learn what to do on your own. Good luck!

[ This Message was edited by: Kjeldorian Royal Guard on 2002-02-21 16:49 ]
Bakuryu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big ego? Ask frag or any of my clanmates, I can play any class at a well above average level (though I do prefer spy and snipe as my strongest, no real weak one)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, KRG, I've always been playing and learning my way

One thing about the Ville... it forces versatility to a certain extent... class limits prevent teams full of the same class.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to find out how versatile you are, go random for a week! Not only is it a blast, but it also gives you a new insight on classes that you may not usually play.
Since I occasionally do a random week, I've really expanded my knowledge of other classes.
I think you want to be versatile just because it is more fun to have a little variety in your game.

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
sharkbyte
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, most of you can probably assume where I stand on this issue, but...

You're wrong!!!

I think versatility is the better way to go. And I am even pretty versatile, though sniper is by far my strongest class.

A person should be able to play whatever the team needs at that time, or what can help them the most. This is why I predominantly play sniper. In most every map I can make the biggest impact playing defense as a sniper. Helping keep all those other pesky players off your backs.

But, again, versatility - in at least 3 or 4 classes - is the best. No need to be an expert at them all, just know the basics and how to be effective.

Well, that's my few cents worth.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and sharkbyte is the reason i love killing snipers, muahahahaaa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes more money in the real world? Specialization in one field will yield more earnings... Same applies to tfc. If you are a solo player who likes to just screw around then versitility is the way to go. You will be able to help your team in any situation. If you want to become more serious, and play with more serious teams... you want to specialize.
If I'm the leader of a clan of whatever, I'm going to be looking for specific players.
I'm sure I will be hearing the "But you limit yourself when you specialize in one class"... Not true. Every class has a shot gun and grenades... those are the keys to the game. If you are good at those two things you are good at all the classes.
Anyway, I will take a specialized player any day over a versitile one.
sharkbyte
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love you, too, Dahak.

Now leave me alone!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Snay, that's a pretty good analogy, but... we don't have very many steam locomotive engineers anymore, do we?

Just had to cite and example of where that's horribly wrong

Maybe I should change my original question a little... would you rather have someone join your team and every time play a certain class, or have them play a class that is lacking on your team? Now obviously you aren't gonna want too many defending scouts on avanti, (except maybe for teslas) so let's try to avoid that sort of discussion.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snay that is true of a clan, because you are used to having the same team, with the same players, playing the same classes. But for the ville, most people are either not in a competitive clan, or are in no clan at all. Then you need to be versital because not every team is the same, and you need to adapt to your team's needs.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: