FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Starting a clan

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, what does it take to start a clan? I want to have a clan named [Defiance]. I searched around and couldn't find any, so do I just start wearing the tag, and make a site or is there more? I took my first stab at making a clan site, here: http://defiance17.tripod.com/

Not too bad for about 30 minutes of work

Any sugestions? And do you guys think, that I the person am capable of creating a good clan?
Turbo!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I did was make a tag. I havnt seen anyone wearing the same tag, so I guess there is no G.I. clan. Plus Im the only member so its easy to track all the members lol. But yeah, just do wutever

*Props to Mad-Hammer on the Sig*

R.I.P. Blue: Gone But Never Forgotten
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, first you need a website! Not just a website that says hey join us, but a site with real content. Forums help. You need a contact base. If not your own forums, then use ICQ, AIM, or any other of the hundreds of messenger systems out there. To effectively run a clan, you must all be in contact with each other. Then you need a purpose. What is your clan all about? Are you going to be a guild? Are you going to just play here and there for fun? Are you going to join OGL or any other leagues that have ladder matches?

Once you have figured all that out, you can start recruiting. There is much, much more to running a clan believe me. I have helped run a couple. With clan/guilds like TVB, (started and lead by Frag Failure), we all just play for fun and share the same state of mind. TPF all the time and always above all else have fun. We don't play in leagues or anything like that. We are just a group of friends who enjoy hanging out together. You can ask Frag (when he returns) exactly why he started the TVB. I think it was a way for friends to group together after the 9/11/01 tragedy. It has just grown since then while keeping the same purpose.

If you don't know how to start a clan, I suggest you join one first and get a taste of clan life. It's not all it's cracked up to be in most clans. TVB is the first clan/guild I have joined that I truly enjoy being a part of. It's not all fun and games with the "league" based clans.

I am not the end all be all of clan knowledge! These are just some of my experiences. I'm sure if you ask around, you will hear more of the same though. Good Luck!

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
sSdD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha i was daring and started my own clan not too long ago -:SI:- for those of you who don't know....and yes i started it, got bored and wanted to try it...and man is it hard work....i'm still workin on findin a way to make a site...i got a few members, i had a pretty good number at one point, but some left (no names ) and others never responded, so you just have to give up on those, but man is it hard work..i'm kinda lazy so we're still not big...but it is kinda fun..but now i'm thinkin about stoppin -:SI:- maybe, idk....but it can be fun b/c u get to know all the clan members
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to add help on playing TFC and strategy. Mainly links probably to this board You guys are great! I'm a very competitive person (If you see me playing with a bad score, you'll very soon see pissed I get), and I want to get into the ladders. Thanks for the suggestions.

[ This Message was edited by: Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero on 2002-02-21 19:15 ]
Goldom

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignore me im testing sig idea, and spamming this thread at same time!
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should I bother getting an IRC channel? Hehe, thanks for the bump as well
Goldom

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont bother no one in their sane minds sits in a chat room of a web site of a clan of a game. Especially one with 1 member. (nop im not going to stop making fun of you!!!)
Lin Sivvi Defiant Hero

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan to go and get a member today, I'll try all day. And if I fail I'll go to walmart, buy a new copy of half-life, get a new wonid, and say it's a new member
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: