FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
JFYI

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you noticed I haven't been playing as much as normal it is because my cable service is having some huge problems. Last night my cable went down 15 times, literally. Sometimes it came back up in 3 minutes other times 1 hour. If you noticed that when I do play I leave abruptly, usually always due to my cable. And I can pretty much count on not being able to play during weekends. I could get better pings on an ancient 13k modem. Since this has been going on awhile I called my cable provider and the first thing that I heard was a recording saying that my area was having many technical difficulties and downtimes. Just great, there's nothing I can do except switch to maybe DSL or go back to dialup.
Blown

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya man. Mine went down for 2 months straight. Couldnt get online at all and my speeds just sucked for browsing/dl'ing. Now the new thing is they cant afford to get extra bandwidth even though they upped our rates to 50.00 a month. So thier fix for the badwidth issue is to add a bank of DIAL UP modems. WTF is up with that. My ping has almost doubled as of late. Always nice to shoot a rocket as a soldier and you able to almost run past it. heh

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
sSdD

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha i know how it is chen, but i have AOL... i always hear, "Sorry, your connnection has been lost" what the heyk..i get pissed, i broke my computer desk at one point b/c i hit it ...but it sometimes takes me 30 mins jus to get online and have a reasonable connection...but hey, at least you can have a ping below 500, my lowest when i play is 500
hoaxie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend MSN over AOL any day. When I was on dial-up, I used MSN. Had it for 4 years. I loved it. I lived with someone who had AOL who had to use my MSN account because of the constant loss of connection.

Now I have DSL. We just had a second line installed and we are putting satellite on it. We will see how that goes. Our DSL operates on fiber optics to a point, then switches to copper. That wholly blows. They are debating with us about giving us more bandwidth, even though we are willing to pay for it. BASTARDS! Anyhoo, we will try the other and see how it goes. That line will be used for the HL server (that server has ended up costing this household so much money!!! and I hate HL).

LONG LIVE THE 'VILLE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I always hear bad stuff about DSL, but my southwestern Bell DSL kicks tuckus. I always have a good ping, which is my way of masking my talent level.

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
Chen Kenichi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found out there is no DSL in my neighborhood. I'm going insane. Anyway Curious there is a little price difference between AOL and cable. I should be getting the better service. It used to be okay until @home folded.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: