FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rifle grenades?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  

New rifleman models with rilfe grenade attachment?
Does it replace the bazooka?
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
MAN GIVE ME ONE?
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 11

Frosty1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Rifle grenades? Reply with quote

Will the class be selectable or are all Garandes equiped this way. See link below. If selectable how many grenades will be added to this class. Lob effect may be interesting.AMMO "Press H u noob"! FLASH massacre?
http://www.steampowered.com/Steam/Marketing/September2.2005/img/allies_rifleman.jpg http://img92.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img92&image=flash0060db.jpg
Lt. Black

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really hoping against it. 'twould turn the game into Enemy Territory, and that's bad.

Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not a question...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Malanthros

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really hoping it doesnt replace the bazooka and its extreme awesomeness. I frankly don't see why they are trying to do this, grenades were wonderful as they are now. I just dont know, I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

Thank you Loka for helping me realize my dream of having a Sig.
Cake
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my opinion the bazookas should have never been added to DOD. i know a lot of people love them and have fun with them, but it adds an entirely new element that is complely out of character with the game. it makes it feel like quake or tribes or something. i wish the grenade launchers were replacing the zooks but i think i read somewhere that the game will have both.
Canadian Rifle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well hopefully the rifleman comes with both m1 grenades and the rifle grenades then u would have four, which is alot. but if it was a class it would be kind of dumb to have 2 classes of rifleman who are the exact same with everything but the grenades it would be a waste, well that wat i think but i dont care wat it is lol i jsut want ti to come out already aslo i think that they should have bazookas jsut for some mpas if there are walls to break or sumthin like an objective but if worse came to worse they should get rid of them or put them in the spawn and the people can choose rather then haven a class of them!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
crackhead_fred

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Rifle wrote:
if worse came to worse they should get rid of them or put them in the spawn and the people can choose rather then haven a class of them!
I like this ^ idea the most. I like having a bazooka and have nades too, there are just times when the colt/luger can't get the job done (especially when u run out of ammo ). I was thinking that maybe the 2nd attack of the garand would be the use of the grenade launcher, but then I realized that it would prob make people angry since the butt attack would be gone. Or maybe they will be equiped with one norm grenade and one launcher grenade.
Clay Pigeon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rifle grenades were horrible performers in WW2. They weren't very good for anti-armor, as their charges were too small. They were also hard to use against infantry because it was not easy to aim them and their charges were rather small.
Canadian Rifle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u right they didnt do much and u had to be percise to make ur kill but think thats y they added them becuz they want to u become better and more accurate and this helps bcuz with norm grenades its pretty easy to be accurate!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Canadian Rifle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clay Pigeon wrote:
Rifle grenades were horrible performers in WW2. They weren't very good for anti-armor, as their charges were too small. They were also hard to use against infantry because it was not easy to aim them and their charges were rather small.

u right they didnt do much and u had to be percise to make ur kill but think thats y they added them becuz they want to u become better and more accurate and this helps bcuz with norm grenades its pretty easy to be accurate!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: